World Best 60 Cars Diamond Jubilee Celebration
Sixty of the most stunning concours d’elegance condition cars from around the world will help celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with a spectacular display to be held in the quadrangle of Windsor Castle.
The Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance open to the public on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 September 2012, will be one of the most impressive and important events in the motoring calendar ever. It will be complemented by a Jubilee Tour of Elegance from London to Windsor Castle on Sunday 9 September.
The 60 cars for the Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance are coming from around the world including the USA, Europe, Argentina and, of course, Britain. Only vehicles of the very highest show standards have been invited and this will be a unique event. The display will be open to the public on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 September with tickets available from £25 each – all proceeds go to charity.
In addition to the Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance, on Sunday 9 September a Jubilee Tour of Elegance, in association with Octane magazine, will depart from central London and take a specially chosen route to Windsor. The final approach will include a spectacular drive up to Windsor Castle. Classic and performance cars will be selected from 1952 to date, representing each year of Her Majesty the Queen’s reign. Entrants on the Jubilee Tour of Elegance will have free access to the Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance in return for a donation, plus brunch en-route.
How to enter the Jubilee Tour of Elegance
Please find below a list of classic and performance cars we would like to invite to attend this event on Sunday 9 September. The dates represent the first year of their manufacture. Cars must be insured and MoT’d for use on public roads and in clean, original condition. Drivers and passengers are encouraged to dress in period clothing.
The tour will leave central London (exact location to be announced) and will proceed to Windsor Castle. A route map will be provided. There is no competition involved.
Tour participants will have free entry (worth £25 per person) to the exclusive Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance on arrival but we are encouraging entrants to make a minimum contribution to charity of £100 per car. If owners are willing, we will also be auctioning a number of additional seats for charity to members of the public.
If you would like your car to be considered for this very exclusive event, please email a clear photograph of your car and a short (no more than 100 word) description of your acquisition/ownership history of the vehicle and contact details to: Rebecca@eventspr.co.uk. Please also indicate whether you would be willing to carry additional passengers, and if so the number.For further details, please visit: classicandperformancecar.com
- 1991 TVR Griffith // Bentley Continental R
- 1992 McLaren F1 // Jaguar XJ220 // Ferrari 456
- 1993 Aston Martin DB7 // Porsche 993
- 1994 Maserati Quattroporte // Jaguar XJ // Ferrari F355
- 1995 Ferrari 355GTS 1996 Lotus Elise // TVR Cerbera // Porsche Boxster
- 1997 Jaguar XK // Bentley Turbo RT
- 1998 Bentley Arnage // Porsche 996
- 1999 Pagani Zonda // Ferrari 360
- 2000 Lotus Exige // Morgan Aero 8 // BMW Z8
- 2001 Aston Martin Vanquish
- 2002 Ferrari Enzo // Koenigsegg CC8S // Lamborghini Murciélago
- 2003 Lamborghini Gallardo // Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren
- 2004 Porsche Carrera GT // Aston Martin DB9 // Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
- 2005 Bugatti Veyron // Aston Martin Vantage // Gumbert Apollo 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano // Lotus Europa S // Audi R8
- 2007 Nissan GT-R // Maserati GranTurismo
- 2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe // Jaguar XF // Lotus Evora 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia // Aston Martin Rapide // Jaguar XJ 2010 Aston Martin One-77 // Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- 2011 Lamborghini Aventador // Ferrari FF // Porsche 991
3D Car Shows on Google+