WHO’S WEARING WHAT AT GOODWOOD THIS YEAR
For the fashion conscious at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed there are certain, some might say indispensible items that are proving particularly popular in the Supercar Paddock, namely Michelin tyres.
Among the cars wearing the coveted Pilot Sport and Pilot Super Sport boots in the Michelin Supercar Paddock, and also running up the hill during the weekend, are:
- BMW’s new M6. Both the coupé and convertible models will feature in the Supercar Run, with BMW celebrating 40 years of M-Power, nearly 30 of which have been in association with Michelin. Tiff Needell will appear on the Michelin stand at the Supercar Paddock with his M6 throughout the weekend.
- Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport and Grand Sport Vitesse – the latter using the same engine as the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport which is the world’s fastest supercar with a record 267.856mph recorded in July 2010. All fitted with special 400km/h PAX System versions of Pilot Sport PS2 tyres.
- Chevrolet Camaro SS 2012 – the highest performing Camaro of all time.
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 2012 – 205mph top speed and 0-60mph in 3.4 seconds.
- Ferrari 458 Italia Spider – the latest generation of convertible Ferrari.
- Ferrari FF – the new 4WD Ferrari V12.
- Ginetta G60 – the latest racing supercar from Ginetta, driven by Rick Parfitt Jnr and appearing on the Michelin stand at the Supercar Paddock throughout the weekend.
- Lotus Evora GTE - Lotus’ only racing car on Michelin tyres. The Commemorative Le Mans edition is the epitome of racing endurance.
- Noble M600 – critically acclaimed successor to the M12.
- Porsche 911 – working in association with Michelin since 1961, the latest Porsche GT3 Carrera Cup racecar driven by Daniel Lloyd will be appearing on the Michelin Supercar Paddock stand throughout the weekend. Daniel Lloyd will also be attempting a new Hill Climb record in his GT3 at Goodwood.
With three Michelin exhibits to choose from, visitors to this year’s FoS will be surrounded by the finest tyres and some of the richest automotive and motorsport heritage anywhere in the world.
For a closer look at all this and more, come and visit Michelin at the Goodwood Festival of Speed Supercar Paddock, Main Arena and FoS Tech Pavilion from 28 June to 1 July 2012.