Volkswagen Golf GTD 2013 – Geneva Motor Show
- New Golf GTD celebrates its world premiere in Geneva
- Sporty long-distance Golf with 135 kW / 184 PS only consumes 4.2 litres of fuel per 100 km
- Four-cylinder TDI engine of the Golf GTD complies with EU-6 emissions standard
Wolfsburg, 21 February 2013 - Extremely fuel efficient, but extremely sporty – it is these attributes that have excited fans of the Golf GTD over the past three decades. At this year’s Geneva International Motor Show, Volkswagen is presenting the latest version of this extreme athlete whose 135 kW / 184 PS TDI engine already complies with the challenging EU-6 emissions standard today.
The first Golf GTD in 1982 revolutionised the segment of compact diesel passenger cars with its turbodiesel, sporty tuning and its customised features in the style of the Golf GTI. It is being followed up this year by the most powerful “GTD” ever that is based on the seventh generation Golf. With a power of 135 kW / 184 PS, the new Golf GTD can be recommended as a car that is as much a dynamic performer as a fuel-efficient long-distance touring car. In the version with a 6-speed manual gearbox, the 230 km/h Volkswagen consumes just 4.2 litres per 100 km; this combined fuel consumption equates to CO2 emissions of just 109 g/km. With the optional 6-speed DSG, fuel consumption is 4.7 l/100 km (two-door: 119 g/km CO2; four-door: 122 g/km CO2). Also impressive is its torque of 380 Nm, which is already available from 1,750 rpm.
Visually, the Golf GTD makes its appearance with its smoked LED rear lights with LED licence plate illumination and chrome dual tailpipes. 17-inch GTD wheels with 225/45 tyres, side sill trim, diffuser, sport suspension and a large roof spoiler round out the car’s overall dynamic impression.
Numerous distinctive GTD characteristics also mark the interior: along with top sport seats in tartan pattern (“Clark”), a black roofliner, sport steering wheel, stainless steel pedals and foot support, there are also a GTD gear shift grip, GTD trim strips and a GTD instrument cluster. Other features guarantee the necessary comfort on long trips; they include: progressive steering, white ambience lighting, automatic “Climatronic” climate control, ParkPilot front and rear, winter pack and “Composition Touch” radio system. Standard body colours offered for the Golf GTD are “Tornado Red”, “Black” and “Pure White”.
The new Golf GTD is available in Germany at an entry-level price of 29,350 euros, and orders begin on the 5th of March.
Volkswagen Golf GTD Facts overview:
- Market launch in Europe: First markets starting June 2013.
- Debut of first Golf GTD generation: 1982.
- Engine: Four-cylinder TDI (charged direct-injection diesel); Front transverse engine; displacement 1,968 cc; Bore/stroke: 81.0/95.5 mm; compression ratio 15.8:1.
- Power: 135 kW / 184 PS at 3,500 to 4,000 rpm
- Torque: 380 Nm at 1,750 to 3,250 rpm.
- Gearbox / drive type: Manual 6-speed gearbox; automatic 6-speed DSG; front-wheel drive.
- Fuel consumption / CO2 emissions (manual): 4.2 l/100 km; 109 g/km CO2.
- Driving performance (manual): 0-100 km/h in 7.5 s; V/max 230 km/h.
- Unladen weight: 1,377 kg (basic version incl. driver [68 kg], luggage [7 kg] and 90 % filled fuel tank; calculated according to RL 92/21/EEC.
- (* preliminary data)
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry