VOLANT EUROFORMULA 2013 – Finalists
THE SEMI-FINALISTS ARE ANNOUNCED!
The EUROFORMULA School was founded in 1997 and has since trained some 30,000 students. It is the last true single-seater driving School in France with its own training methods, Training and Competition Department, and its private club for alumni. But the role of a driving school is also to spot new talent and that is why Laurent Fradon, the Director, and his team organised the first “Volant” EUROFORMULA in 2010.
For this fourth edition, after some hotly contested selections in which more than 40 young drivers from all over challenged each other for a place in the semi-final, the verdict is delivered!
Twelve young men have succeeded in qualifying brilliantly, they are:
- Thomas Bacle (24 years old): A semi-finals neophyte with just two years of karting, the son of Gerard Bacle nevertheless showed great promise. He should be able to prove he means business in the final.
- Kevin Bole-Besancon (21): Since karting, Kevin has been spotted in the Clio Cup, Midjet, Super Copa Seat and finally in the Val de Viennes (VDV) prototypes. He is already thinking about the final.
- Timothy Buret (18): JUST 2 years of karting and started this year in VDV prototypes. Timothy will want to be in the battle for victory all the same.
- Ben Creed (18): He comes from Australia to fight the semi-final. Ben has been karting at the highest level in his country and should be able to stand his ground faced with us “Frenchies”!
- Simon Crochart (21): With seven years of karting under his belt, Simon had to hang up his helmet. He returns to try and win the award and bounce back.
- Rémy Deguffroy (18): Following his successful years in karting, Remy joined the Auto Sport Academy where he continues his classes. Watch out for him.
- Jules Gounon (18): After three years in karting, the son of Jean-Marc Gounon joined the Auto Sport Academy where he holds lead positions, he is a serious “customer”.
- Antoine Hubert (17): Following eight years in karting and a French Championship title, Antoine joined the Auto Sport Academy where he holds the provisional first place in the F4 championship, he is the logical favourite.
- Tom Le Coq (18): A traditional curriculum in karting for Tom who moved on to motorsport in 2012 before he also joined the Auto Sport Academy where he stands in provisional fifth place in the F4 championship, another serious “customer”.
- Dylan Pereira (16): The youngest of the promotion but, with his brilliant background in karting, Dylan should be able to pull a trick or two from his sleeve.
- Florian Pottier (19): Midjet in 2012 and Auto Sport Academy this year, Florian is on the rise, he should be able to edge his way into the scrum to reach the final.
- William Westerloppe (20): Seven years in karting before he started this year in single-seater racing, but only once on the starting grid in Formula Renault 2.0 in the context of the VDV championship, he is nevertheless very motivated as he heads into the semi-finals.
The two reserve drivers, Yann Ehrlacher and Amaury Bonduel, also merited a place in the semi-finals the results were so close!
It is difficult in these conditions to predict who might follow in the steps of Paul Loup Chatin (2010), Simon Gachet (2011) or Enzo Guibbert (2012) and pocket the 60,000 euro bursary. We can see from the line-ups of the previous editions that none of the favourites won the award, so it is all very open. Rendezvous at the beginning of November to know the lucky winner of the « Volant Euroformula » 2013!
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry