Unleash your inner ADVENTURER behind the wheel of Renault’s revitalised “IT’S TIME FOR TOUGH” DUSTER SUV!
Revamped and revitalised, RENAULT'S DUSTER "It's time for tough!" sports utility vehicle (SUV) is in South Africa and ready for action and adventure.
- More than 8 000 units sold in under 2 years in SA
- New production plant provides additional value affording us a more refined build with added bonus of reduced lead time
- Unparalleled fuel efficiency: diesel-powered Dynamique 4x2 outperforms predecessor delivering 4.8 litres/100km vs 5.5 litres/100km
- Key features: Cruise control now standard across the range; 7" MediaNav® touch screen and optional leather (Dynamique variants)
- Visual enhancements include trendy new seat and door panel fabric, radiator grille, roof bars, rear view side mirrors and more; rear parking sensors standard now across the range
Visibly enhanced inside and out, with its refreshed styling, Duster is sure to appeal to a well-established and loyal fan base and also to find favour with a new audience.
Since storming its way into the South African market just less than two years ago, Renault Duster has emulated its global success story on local shores driving sales in excess of 8 000 units since its September 2013 launch.
The first Renault model designed to meet stringent European standards - yet be capable of conquering international markets where usage and road conditions are considerably more rugged - two years down the track, Duster continues to be a formidable contender in South Africa's B-SUV segment.
Renault Duster's model line-up remains unchanged:
|Duster 1.6 75kW Expression 4x2||Duster 1.5 80kW dCi Dynamique 4x2|
|Duster 1.6 75kW Dynamique 4x2||Duster 1.5 80kW dCi Dynamique 4x4|
The perfect fit for South African roads, Renault Duster is equally at home on highways, in cities and suburbs as it is off the beaten track and presses all the right buttons for a new breed of driver with diverse demands behind the wheel.
A traditional SUV, the versatile Duster is tough, unpretentious and designed to unlock the adventurer in all of us. Rugged and reliable, Duster is just the ticket to take the family almost anywhere.
Nominated as one of 11 finalists in the WesBank/South African Guild of Motoring Journalists 2015 Car of the Year competition, Renault Duster is just warming up!
PRODUCTION MOVE PROVES A PLUS
Production of the 2015 Renault Duster model has been moved from Chennai, India to Pitesti in Romania and is now being manufactured in the same plant as its highly successful and equally popular Renault Sandero sibling.
A key production facility for the Renault brand, the Pitesti plant - which also supplies the UK market - has a reputation for solid build quality and efficiency. What's more, with a number of Renault Duster parts already sourced in Romania, reduced lead time was also a deciding factor.
"Moving production to Pitesti provides us with the opportunity to refresh Duster within a sharper turnaround time - good for the brand and good for our customers here in SA," says Jeffrey Allison, Product Manager at Renault South Africa.
UPGRADES & ENHANCEMENTS
- Chrome-plated horizontal strip section on the radiator grille has been re-designed with Renault's bold diamond centrepiece now set into two strips instead of the previous three and visually even more prominent. Less chrome together with the change to the headlights serves to give Duster's front-end a simpler, sleeker yet tougher line and no-nonsense look.
- Chunky new roof bars with Duster name etched into the aluminium insets.
- Rear view side mirrors are body-coloured.
- Trendy new alloy wheels.
- Rear parking distance control sensors standard across the range.
- Funky patterned fabric replaces previously plain fabric on inner seat segments and door panels.
- 7"MediaNav® touch screen on-board navigation (Dynamique variants only)
- Cruise control now standard on all variants
- Dynamique 4x4 comes with three transmission modes
- Leather optional on all three Dynamique derivatives: the petrol-powered 1.6 4x2 and the 1.5 4x2 and 4x4 diesel derivatives
As before, the upgraded Renault Duster variants come with a choice of two power plants:
- The 1.6 75kW normally aspirated petrol engine (Expression and Dynamique 4x2 models)
- The 1.5 dCi turbo diesel engine (Dynamique 4x2 and 4x4 models).
Key feature: The latest Renault Duster 1.5 dCi 80kW Dynamique 4x2, however,outperforms its predecessor in terms offuel efficiency delivering 4.8 litres/100km compared to 5.5 litres/100km previously!
With see-sawing fuel costs top-of-mind with vehicle owners throughout South Africa nowadays, owning a Duster provides serious 'fuel for thought'. After all, what could possibly provide more family fun than taking to the road behind the wheel of a Duster, conquering any terrain, powering exploration and unlocking adventure along the way? All the while secure in the knowledge that you'll go further for longer in total comfort and sporty style.
How much does the new Duster cost in South Africa?
RANGE AND PRICING
- Duster 1.6 EXPRESSION 4x2 75kW petrol R215 900
- Duster 1.6 DYNAMIQUE 4x2 75kW petrol R233 900
- Duster 1.5 DCI DYNAMIQUE 4x2 80kW diesel R254 900
- Duster 1.5 DCI DYNAMIQUE 4x4 80kW diesel R269 900
As is the case across Renault's entire product range, the four latest Renault Duster variants come standard with a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty, a 3-year/45 000km service plan (with service intervals at 15 000km intervals) and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty.
Start of sales:
Beginning September 2015
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry