UK MOST EXCLUSIVE AND PRESTIGIOUS AUTOMOTIVE EVENT SET FOR GREATEST LINE-UP YET IN 2012
LONDON, 1 MAY 2012 – Salon Privé, the Luxury Supercar Event & Concours d’Elégance, announces details of its 2012 line-up, featuring world exclusives and British debuts from the worlds of motorsport, automotive and luxury goods – all set to appear at Syon Park from 5th to 7th September, the new dates for this year’s event.
With the major external renovation of West London’s exquisite Syon House taking place throughout the middle of the summer, and the venue set to showcase some very exciting new developments, this year’s later event dates will ensure the 2012 British season is rounded off in style.
2012 will be the seventh consecutive Salon Privé and will boast a range of new features and exhibits, with more supercar and premium brands than ever before. In addition, the event welcomes some new partners to the lawns of Syon Park alongside existing brands from previous years.
- 18 of the world’s 22 ROFGO Gulf collection race cars will be exhibited together in one place for the first time
- Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera Disco Volante – 60 years celebration with models from the 1950s and 2012 seen together for the first time
- Disco Volante 2012 – only seen once before at the Geneva International Motor Show in March this year – makes its British debut at Salon Privé 2012
- Ferrari F40 – 25 years celebration – a stunning collection of F40 models will lead the Concours
- Mercedes-Benz Gullwing – 60 years celebration – stunning exhibits from the 1950s and the fantastic new SLS
NEW COLLECTIONS Expected to steal the limelight at this year’s event is the very special ROFGO Gulf Collection.
Salon Privé is delighted to be able to unearth this rare collection of Gulf cars from Adrian Hamilton’s country house in Hampshire, and bring them to Syon Park on full public view together for the very first time.
These cars, instantly recognisable from their iconic sky blue and orange livery, stretch right back from 1967 (the 1967 Mirage was the first Gulf-liveried car to run at Le Mans) to the present day (the 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo competed in the GT2 Championship).
In a year when Her Majesty The Queen celebrates the 60-year Diamond Jubilee, the Mercedes-Benz Gullwing is also celebrating its own 60th anniversary in the public eye, and will be on display in all its glory at Syon Park this September.
Named because of its unusual “Gullwing” upwards lifting doors, the car was initially conceived as a purpose-built racing sports car and went on to achieve immediate iconic status – as evidenced by 2011’s equally striking tribute SLS, also exhibited at Salon Privé in 2012.
There will also be a special exhibit dedicated to memorable cars from the movies, including some rare DeLorean examples and a number of vehicles from the Bond franchise of 007 films over the years.
As always there will be some exquisite collectors’ models from overseas, including a number of unique one-offs such as:
- Lamborghini Flying Star (1961 Turin Motor Show car)
- Aston Martin DB4 Bertone Jet
- 1912 Type 16 number 471, the oldest competition Bugatti and the personal racing car of Ettore Bugatti
- Ferrari 330 GT Vignale shooting brake, exhibited by its owner – Jamiroquai front-man, Jay Kay
For the first time, luxury motorbikes will take their rightful place on the Salon Privé lawn, led by some beautiful custom Harley Davidson models direct from Milwaukee, from 1912 to 2012.
NEW FEATURES & EXHIBITS – HIGHLIGHTS Alongside the event’s impressive portfolio of partners will be a number of new brands representing sectors such as yachts and yacht brokers, luxury marble, accessories, fashion, furniture and audio-visual equipment.
New for 2012 will be a special ‘Aviation Lawn’, which will provide the event’s high net worth guest list with a greater insight into the ownership and charter options that exist within the private aviation industry.
The inaugural Art and Memorabilia Fayre will also take place on the Concours Lawn, supported by the Zurich-based private bank, EFG International and featuring a fabulous collection of automotive paintings, prints and photographs from yesteryear and the current day. This artwork will feature some of the most iconic racing liveries ever seen.
In keeping with this year’s somewhat Italian theme, three dazzling Touring Superleggera Disco Volante will arrive on Syon Park’s lawns for the first time, fresh from a recent debut at the Geneva International Motor Show for the 2012 model.
This modern flying saucer is built on the bones of the Alpha Romeo 8C Competizione, and boasts 443 horsepower from the rear wheels of the car.
The Touring Superleggera is set to turn a few heads at Syon Park in September.
Also representing iconic Italian design will be a special Concours d’Elegance class dedicated to the Bugatti vintage competition series – perhaps the most valuable gathering of automotive royalty to grace the Salon Privé lawn in the event’s history.
CONCOURS CARS AND JUDGES In a year of anniversaries, it is also the 25th birthday of the iconic Ferrari F40 – a collection of which will lead the way at this year’s Concours d’Elégance.
The memorable Italian supercar, which was produced from 1987 to 1992, will be one of the jewels in Salon Privé’s crown this year. A mid-engine, rear-wheel drive, two door coupe, the F40 was the fastest, most powerful and most expensive car that Ferrari sold to the public. Only 1,315 F40s were manufactured in total, several of which will form a central part of this year’s Concours.
2012 also sees the most prestigious and impressive line-up of Concours judges in Salon Privé history, including Derek Bell MBE, Dr. Ulrich Bez, Dr Adolfo Orsi, Marek Reichman, Peter Stevens, Ian Callum, Keith Bluemel, Suzi Perry, Frank Stephenson, Andrea Zagatto, Marcel Massini, Anette Abaci, Julius Kruta, Steve Parish and Malcolm Wheeler.
- Class A: Collection of Shooting Brakes
- Class B: Bugatti – The Vintage Competition Series
- Class C: Closed Sports Cars from the Swinging Sixties
- Class D: Open Sports Cars from the Swinging Sixties
- Class E: Pre-War Rarities
- Class F: Ferrari F40 – Celebrating 25 Years of an Icon
- Class G: Mercedes-Benz Gullwing – The Legend at 60
- Class H: The Design Class featuring Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera
- Class I: Vee-Twins through the Ages
- Class J: Important Competition Bikes
Salon Privé regular Jay Kay, who will be an exhibitor this year with his unique Ferrari 330 GT Vignale shooting brake, said: “If you are looking for a splendid day out in London, surrounded by beautiful people and, in my opinion, even more beautiful cars – then Salon Privé is the place for you. There are some seriously unique exhibits this year, and I for one can’t wait to take a closer look at the Gulf collection and the Ferrari F40 25 years’ celebration. See you there!”
Salon Privé co-founder and sales director, David Bagley, added: “With a fantastic line up of debuts and exclusives for Salon Privé 2012, we are very excited about rounding off a fantastic summer of British celebrations. Surrounded by the best of automotive, motorcycling and luxury goods collections – both past and present, it is shaping up to be a truly memorable year in Salon Privé history, and another wonderfully fashionable and glamorous garden party in quintessentially English style.”
- Aston Martin
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles
- Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera
- With further exciting exhibitors to be announced later this year
PARTNERS Indicative of Salon Privé’s ongoing success is the news that Chubb Insurance has signed a new three-year deal to hold title rights for the world class Concours d’Elégance. With the quality of the cars already renowned, and with this year’s range of cars set to top previous years’ line-ups, the Concours event is widely regarded as one of the top three classic car Concours in the world, alongside Villa d’Este and Pebble Beach.
This year, the Concours will be renamed ‘The Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elégance at Salon Privé.” Chubb Insurance is acknowledged as the leading insurer of classic cars and supercars, and is a company that has won more awards than any other specialist insurer.
The all-new Art and Memorabilia Fayre makes its debut on the Concours Lawn, supported by the Zurich-based private bank, EFG International.
Meanwhile, Salon Privé will also welcome back a loyal portfolio of sponsors of previous years, including:
- Audemars Piguet, the luxury Swiss watch brand – celebrating the 40th anniversary of the timeless Royal Oak Collection.
- Boodles, the premium jewelers and Salon Privé Ladies Day sponsor, will be showcasing new pieces from the Jazz, Ocean and Paisley collections
- Vertu, the luxury mobile telephone handset brand, launches the Constellation Quest Ferrari handset – an incredible device combining the Vertu principles with specially curated Ferrari content and experiences
- Pommery, the champagne label, providing the finest champagne throughout the Salon Privé event
FORMAT OF EVENT
|Wednesday 5th September 2012 –||Salon Privé Press Day (11am to 5pm)|
|Thursday 6th September 2012 –||Boodles Ladies Day (11am to 5pm)|
|The Diamond Jubilee Ball (7pm to 1am)|
|Friday 7th September 2012 -||Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elegance Judging Day (11am to 7pm)|
With more to enjoy than ever before, Salon Privé is shaping up to be a fabulous sell-out event once again in 2012. Tickets are fully inclusive of Pommery champagne, lobster luncheon, English afternoon tea and provide full access to all areas.
Tickets can be purchased via the Salon Privé website salonprivelondon.com or by calling the ticket hotline +44 (0) 808 100 2205.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry