TOYOTA PRIMES PRIUS+ FOR SUMMER LAUNCH
- Toyota Prius+, Europe’s first full hybrid seven-seat MPV
- On-the-road prices from £26,195
- Two equipment grades – T4 and T Spirit
- T4 equipped with electric windows all round, Toyota Touch touchscreen control, Bluetooth, rear-view camera, head-up display, Smart Entry and Start, panoramic roof and automatic air conditioning
- T Spirit features 17-inch alloys, leather upholstery Toyota Touch and Go Plus with satellite navigation, voice recognition, advanced Bluetooth and on-line connectivity, plus rain-sensing wipers and JBL audio system.
- 96g/km CO2 for T4 model, the only sub-100g/km seven-seat model on the UK market
- Available to order now, customer deliveries from 9 July
Toyota continues the expansion its hybrid technology into new areas of the market with the launch this summer of Prius+, Europe’s first full hybrid seven-seat MPV. The ground-breaking new model, which combines traditional people carrier practicality with ultra-efficient performance, is also the first mainstream Toyota hybrid to use a lighter and more compact lithium-ion battery pack.
Thanks to the exceptional efficiency of its Hybrid Synergy Drive powertrain, its light weight and wind-cheating aerodynamics, Prius+ in T4 trim produces 96g/km, making it the only seven-seat model on the UK market to come in below the 100g/km CO2threshold for zero road tax and London congestion charge exemption; output from the T Spirit is 101g/km. Fuel economy adds to Prius+ attractive total ownership cost: official figures are 68.9mpg for the T4 and 64.2mpg for the T Spirit.
Installing the slim lithium-ion battery neatly within the centre console avoids any intrusion on the space available for rear seat passengers and for load carrying. Five separate folding rear seats are provided and with all of these in place there is 200 litres of luggage space; with the third row stowed, this figure rises to 505 litres.
Grades, equipment and options
Prius+ is available in two grades – T4 and T Spirit. Key equipment features provided as standard on each model are outlined in the table below.
The range of equipment and styling options for Prius+ is awaiting confirmation, but leather upholstery and the Toyota Touch and Go Plus system will both be available for T4 models.
Colours and trims
Seven exterior colours are available for Prius+: Pure White and Astral Black (solid); Decuma Grey, Tyrol Silver, Vermilion Red and Orion Blue (metallics); and White Pearl (pearlescent). The T4 grade comes with Hayama grey cloth upholstery, with Nagara black leather fitted to the T Spirit.