The World through the Windshield of a Mini-Car
The World through the Windshield of a Mini-Car - 2013 Chevy Spark arrives as U.S. demand for mini-cars grows
DETROIT – Mini-cars are widely popular internationally. Now, U.S. demand and sales are growing as well. After a successful run around the globe with more than 600,000 sales, the Chevrolet Spark is now available here.
Customers’ tastes and needs have differed from region to region since the Spark launched in Korea in 2009. Here are some Spark facts from around the world:
- The Spark is the best-selling Chevy vehicle in India and pink is the preferred colour in Korea.
- In South America, the Spark is seen as a status symbol for up-and-comers.
- In Europe, the Spark is most popular in Italy.
- In Africa, customers favourite colour choices are red, cocktail green and atomic blue.
- In Australia, the Spark was originally only offered with a manual transmission.
- The Spark represents 40 percent of all General Motors vehicle sales in Lebanon.
- The Spark was reengineered for the United States to add technology and safety features as well as better ride and handling in city and highway driving.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.