Bologna (Italy) 13 March 2012 – As the 2012 MotoGP season warms-up for the opening race in Qatar, 8 April, Ducati go online with the sale of tickets for their famous Ducati Grandstands, ready for fans to support Ducati Team riders, Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi onboard their Desmosedici GP12s.
Helping to inject Ducati passion into the series since 2003, Ducati Grandstands 2012 will first roar into action in Qatar before moving on to the spectacular 500-seat grandstand organised for the first European race in Jerez, Spain, 29 April. Thereafter it follows five European-based GP events before crossing the water to the US for Laguna Seca and Indianapolis and returning for Brno, Misano and Aragon. Asia Pacific fans get their chance of Ducati Grandstands for Motegi, Sepang and Phillip Island and then back to Europe for the season finale in Valencia, Spain.
Ticket-holders will not only gain one of the best viewpoints on the racetrack, but also at some circuits may enjoy the additional benefits of reserved bike parking and secure storage in which riding gear can be checked-in.
Ducati offer fans the opportunity to experience the thrill of a live Grand Prix and the chance to “paint the world’s most famous racetracks red” with the usual “choreographed entertainment” which, at the Italian events, will be organised by the Desmodromiclub of Rome and supported by Ducati Grandstand event partners, Motorvalley (the Emilia Romagna Region) and Grani & Partners.
Information on Ducati Grandstands and ticket purchase details are constantly updated on the official Ducati website
.Details of the UK Grandstand at Silverstone will be announced shortly and information will found on
2012 Ducati Grandstand dates
- 08 April – Losail – Qatar
- 29 April – Jerez – Spain
- 20 May – Le Mans – France
- 17 June – Silverstone – UK
- 30 June – Assen – Holland
- 08 July – Sachsenring – Germany
- 15 July – Mugello – Italy
- 29 July – Laguna Seca – USA
- 19 August – Indianapolis – USA
- 26 August – Brno – Czech Republic
- 16 September – Misano – San Marino
- 30 September – Aragon – Spain
- 14 October – Motegi – Japan
- 21 October – Sepang – Malaysia
- 28 October – Phillip Island – Australia
- 11 November – Valencia – Spain