Cherry Hill, N.J. – In celebration of reaching the historic milestone of 513,693 vehicle sales in 2014, and breaking one half million sales for the first time, Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) will help provide 513,693 meals nationwide through Feeding America and its network of 200 food banks.
Food Bank of South Jersey, the food bank that directly serves the Subaru corporate headquarters community, will receive the equivalent of 50,000 meals. Subaru will donate the equivalent of 10,000 meals to food banks serving the following areas where Subaru of America maintains offices:
- SOA Eastern Region and Philadelphia Zone, Cherry Hill, NJ
- SOA Eastern Region/DC Zone, Columbia, MD
- SOA Eastern Region/Atlanta Zone, Lithia Springs, GA
- SOA Eastern Region/Orlando Zone, Orlando, FL
- SOA Central Region and Chicago Zone, Itasca, IL
- SOA Central Region/Dallas Zone, Frisco, TX
- SOA Central Region/Minneapolis Zone, Bloomington, MN
- SOA Central Region/Columbus Zone, Dublin, OH
- SOA Western Region and Denver Zone, Aurora, CO
- SOA Western Region/Portland Zone, Portland, OR
- SOA Western Region/San Francisco Zone, Pleasanton, CA
- SOA Western Region/LA Zone, Costa Mesa, CA
The balance of the company’s donation will be directed to Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, for its national feeding programs.
“We are thrilled to receive this support and donation from Subaru,” said Nancy Curby, vice president of corporate partnerships for Feeding America. “Thanks to their commitment, Feeding America and our local food bank network will be better equipped to continue serving the 49 million children, families and seniors across America who struggle with food insecurity today.”
Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc. said; “We are very happy to be sharing our success with such worthy organizations. This is part of our ‘Love Promise’ to our communities and it makes us very proud to be able to contribute in a meaningful way.”
Subaru has enjoyed seven years of sales increases and six consecutive sales records, culminating in breaking 500,000 sales last year, based on an all-new product line-up that is receiving awards and recognition from media, as well as strong acceptance from consumers.
About Feeding America
Feeding America is the nationwide network of 200 food banks that leads the fight against hunger in the United States. Together, we provide food to more than 46 million people through 60,000 food pantries and meal programs in communities across America. Feeding America also supports programs that improve food security among the people we serve; educates the public about the problem of hunger; and advocates for legislation that protects people from going hungry. Individuals, charities, businesses and government all have a role in ending hunger. Donate. Volunteer. Advocate. Educate. Together we can solve hunger.