STAY SAFE ON THE ROADS THIS WINTER WITH VAUXHALL MASTERFIT’S SAFETY CHECK
- Winter Safety Check includes visual assessment and fluid top-ups
- Free Autoglym Winter Care Pack for each Winter Safety Check customer
- Suggested retail price of safety check just £35
With cold winter weather on the horizon, Vauxhall owners can make sure their car is ready for any adverse conditions with Vauxhall MasterFit’s Winter Safety Check.
With the Winter Safety Check, available at a suggested retail price of just £35, expertly-trained Vauxhall MasterFit technicians will visually check your car for any potential safety issues, ensure tyres are inflated to their optimum, perform any advised software updates and top up all vital fluids (500ml max.). Each Winter Safety Check customer will also receive an Autoglym Winter Care Pack, worth £20, consisting of: 500ml de-icer, 500ml screenwash, an ice scraper and a Hi-Tech Interior Microfibre cloth.
“The Vauxhall MasterFit Winter Safety Check offers Vauxhall owners outstanding value and peace of mind that their vehicle is ready to face the winter months,” said Belinda Craik, Vauxhall Service Channel manager.
Vauxhall also asked Peter Rodger, Chief Examiner and Head of Driving Standards at the Institute of Advanced Motorists, for some top tips for motorists on driving in winter. Peter has provided the following advice:
- Keep your windscreen clear and clean your windows inside the car as well
- Check your car’s electrical systems are all working properly on a regular basis
- Use the air-conditioning to keep the air dry and reduce any misting-up
- Ensure your tyres have adequate tread (1.6mm is the legal minimum)
- Keep tyre pressures at the levels in your car’s handbook
- Plan your journeys and take weather conditions into account
- Carry a suitable emergency kit in the car with you
- In severe conditions, think hard about the need to travel
- If you do have to drive on icy or snowy roads, drive very smoothly
- Slow down gently by easing off the throttle and try to avoid applying the brakes
Peter added a final reminder to motorists: “Remember, the speed that you can stop from in a bus length on a dry warm day can take the whole length of a football pitch on ice.”