RENAULT’S DUSTER DYNAMIQUE 1.5 dCi 4×4 A RUGGED FINALIST IN WESBANK / SAGMJ 2015 CAR OF THE YEAR
- IT’S TIME FOR TOUGH … one year after its launch in South Africa, Renault’s New Duster SUV has earned its place as a finalist in the WesBank/South African Guild of Motoring Journalists (SAGMJ) 2015 Car of the Year (COTY) competition.
- The nomination clearly acknowledges the amazing success achieved by Renault’s new SUV. With 4 500 sales so far, the newcomer is already firmly entrenched amongst the TOP 5 of most-sold SUVs in South Africa (Source: RGT Smart – Autostats).
- A global success story, Renault Duster is the first Renault model designed and engineered to meet stringent European standards; yet is capable of conquering markets where usages and road conditions are much tougher.
“We are very honoured and would like to thank the COTY jury for nominating the New Renault Duster as one of the 11 best cars recently brought to market in South Africa,” says Niall Lynch, managing director of Renault South Africa. “Duster is the perfect fit for South African roads – it’s equally at home on highways, in suburbs as it is off the beaten track.”
At 4.32m long, 1.82m wide and with a generous wheelbase of 2.67m, Duster offers more interior space than any other C-segment SUV. It comfortably seats up to five adults with plenty of space to spare – front and back. Its boot capacity (up to 475lt) is nothing short of amazing making the storage and carriage of family luggage an absolute breeze.
Already a success story, with 4 500 Dusters sold in just one year, Duster is the 5th most sold SUV in South Africa, behind the Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai ix35, Toyota RAV4 and Ford Kuga.
RENAULT’S INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGIES AS STANDARD
Duster Dynamique 1.5 dCi 4×4 is fitted with the best of Renault’s intelligent technologies. Standard fitments include a leading-edge multimedia system with 18cm touchscreen navigation and Bluetooth connectivity, on-board computer, front and rear power windows, remote central locking and electrically adjustable side mirrors.
With the Renault brand’s consistent emphasis on safety on the road, Duster also comes standard with ABS coupled with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), front driver and passenger airbags – the latter able to be disabled in the event of a child seat being placed in the front passenger seat – plus standard driver and passenger head/thorax side airbags and Electronic Stability Program (ESP).
PERFORMANCE COMBINED WITH OUTSTANDING FUEL EFFICIENCY
Equipped with a common rail 1 600 bar pressure coupled with piezoelectric injectors, the 1.5 dCi engine delivers excellent power output of 80kW with a peak torque rating of 240 Nm attained at 1 750 r/min.
Thanks to its manual 6-speed gearbox and t its low-end torque (80% of maximum torque available from 1 500 rpm), the 1.5 dCi affords unparalleled driving pleasure as a result of its extreme responsiveness under all conditions.
Additionally, it boasts very low fuel consumption (5.3 litres/100km NEDC combined cycle) and reduced CO² emissions (137g/km).
RENAULT DUSTER: THE OFF-ROADER
Duster Dynamique 1.5 dCi 4×4 is at ease on the most demanding of off-road tracks. Its high ground clearance (210mm) is complemented by its favorable approach, break-over and departure angles (30, 23 and 36 degrees respectively), all of which give this agile SUV the ability to go almost anywhere.
Duster is equipped with a high-performing 4WD control system which adapts to all situations and enables the driver to choose between three modes:
- 2WD for roads with good grip conditions (power and torque distributed to front wheels only),
- AUTO for potentially slippery road surfaces (detection of spinning wheels and automatic distribution of power and torque to preserve traction) and
- LOCK for challenging off-road tracks (permanent distribution of power and torque to the four wheels).
The low first gear (5.79 km/h at 1 000 rpm) allows for driving over rough ground, starting on a slope and with heavy loads, or holding the vehicle back when going downhill. With its intuitive 4×4 control system, the Renault Duster adapts to all situations, making the driving experience that much more easy and pleasurable.
RENAULT DUSTER RANGE AND PRICING
- Duster Expression 1.6 Petrol 4×2 – R207 900
- Duster Dynamique 1.6 Petrol 4×2 – R219 900
- Duster Dynamique 1.5 dCi 4×2 – R239 900
- Duster Dynamique 1.5 dCi 4×4 – SAGMJ COTY Finalist – R259 900
As is the case across Renault’s entire product range, the four New Renault Duster variants come standard with a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty, a 3-year/45 000km service plan and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty.