RENAULT AT GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED 2012
- Renault set to be one of major attractions at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012 – celebrating its 110 years of engine expertise
- UK show debuts include stunning Renault Alpine A110-50 concept car, to celebrate 50th anniversary of iconic A110 Berlinette, plus 100% electric ZOE supermini. One huge surprise will also appear
- Huge range of Renaults past, present and future also set to feature in static displays and Festival hillclimb include: Type-K, rally-winning R5 Maxi Turbo and RS01 Formula 1 car
- Unique Twizy will be available for test drive as part of the Goodwood Moving Motor Show
- Hillclimb drivers to include Renault Chief Operating Officer, Carlos Tavares, Alain Prost and Jean Ragnotti
Renault is poised to be one of the most prominent car brands at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, with details announced today of its star-studded participation, featuring a plethora of iconic heritage cars, the latest performance models, two well-known motor sport legends, plus its stunning A110-50 concept car. One huge surprise is also sure to cause quite a stir.
Over the course of the four-day event (28 June to 1 July), the world’s largest celebration of motor sport and car culture, the French marque’s involvement will be centred around celebrating its 110 years of engine expertise.
Among its eclectic mix of static and moving cars will be vehicles such as Type K-fitted with Renault’s first four-cylinder engine, which won the Paris-Vienna race in 1902, the Viva Grand Sport from 1935, plus the current Clio and Mégane Renaultsports. The production version of the firm’s striking 100% electric ZOE supermini will also be looking to generate positive vibes ahead of its UK launch later this year.
Other exceptional cars will take part in the famous 1.16-mile Festival hillclimb, including the UK premiere of the Renault Alpine A110-50 concept, built to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the famous Alpine A110 Berlinette, a pristine example of which will also be pulling in the crowds in its own right. Joining it will be the RS01 and RE40 Formula 1 cars, the rally-winning R5 Maxi Turbo, Alpine A443 and the current Mégane Trophy race car. The array of vehicles will be driven by Carlos Tavares, Chief Operating Officer of Renault, as well as Alain Prost, Jean Ragnotti and other well-known Renault drivers.
Bringing the Renault collection right up to the present day, will be the current Clio and Mégane Renaultsports. Rounding off the impressive French collection gathered together for the four-day motoring extravaganza will be the unique Twizy, which will be available to test drive as part of the Goodwood Moving Motor Show.
Tickets and further information for the 2012 Festival of Speed can be found on the Goodwood website, goodwood.com/motor sport.