- Mercedes-Benz UK records strongest ever results for the month of July to build on positive momentum in first half of the year
- Record 53,813 registrations for the year to date
- July saw 11.3 per cent rise with 6,568 vehicles registered
- Record market share of 4.6 per cent for the month of July
- Year to date rise of 13.7 per cent significantly out-performs the market
- C-Class, CLS and S-Class lead their respective market segments
- C-Class is placed seventh overall in terms of registrations in July
- Strong results reported across Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks with the Vito and Actros among highlights
Milton Keynes. Mercedes-Benz UK has continued the positive momentum established through the record-breaking sales recorded in the first six-months of the year. An 11.3 per cent rise in the month of July was achieved, according to figures released today by the SMMT.
Among the highlights was a 43.6 per cent rise recorded in July for the C-Class Saloon, placing it in first place within its hard-fought competitor set. The new, 13MY C-Class range was placed ninth overall in the UK registrations for July, according to the SMMT report, recording strong results in both the private and fleet markets.
The CLS and S-Class each lead their respective markets, recording a 44.4 per cent and 39.3 per cent segment share for July.
The AMG high performance division continues its impressive start to the year, led by the C 63 AMG Saloon and the C 63 AMG Coupé. A 140.8 per cent rise in sales for AMG in July contributed to an overall 149.3 per cent rise for the year to date.
Registrations of Mercedes-Benz vans increased by 6.7 per cent in July to record a total of 1,649 vehicles, accounting for a 15.7 per cent rise for the year to date.
The New Actros truck recorded a 67.5 per cent rise in July, contributing to a 63.4 per cent rise over the course of the year.
Marcus Breitschwerdt, President and CEO Mercedes-Benz UK, said: “In what remains a highly competitive market, Mercedes-Benz achieved record figures, performing beyond expectations. Key vehicles such as the C-Class and S-Class lead their segments, whilst our vans and trucks have each recorded double digit rises in a market that is down overall.
“We are in the midst of incredibly exciting times for Mercedes-Benz UK as we prepare for the launch of the new A-Class and the new Citan van. These are tremendous results and a fitting demonstration of the strength of the products – in terms of efficiency, relevance and desirability – we currently offer in the UK.”