Nissan “Color Studio” personalization program expands to include Versa Note, allows owners to “make it yours”
- Unique customization program adds color to Versa Note’s youthful personality
- Versa Note program follows last year’s successful JUKE Color Studio launch
- 13 Genuine Nissan Accessory items are offered in range of six colors: Black, White, Red, Black-Purple, Orange and Carbon Fiber Look
- Each accessory can be installed at the dealership or by the customer once purchased
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – One year ago, Nissan used Los Angeles – arguably the hometown of the original custom car trend – to launch its unique factory-personalization program called the “Color Studio” on the popular Nissan JUKE sport cross. Next week, the company returns to the Los Angeles Auto Show to debut an expansion of the Nissan Color Studio to include the 2016 Versa Note.
As with the JUKE Color Studio, the Versa Note Color Studio allows owners to “make it yours” through an a la carte selection of 13 exterior and interior accent accessories, each available in a choice of six vibrant colors. For example, a Super Black Versa Note exterior can be trimmed in orange-accented 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and orange front lip finisher, mirror caps, door handles, rear hatch accent and rear roof spoiler. Inside, the owner might choose to apply orange kick plates, speaker rings and air vent rings.
The Color Studio accessories are offered for all 2016 Versa Note grade levels, including the sporty Versa Note SR, as well as available for retrofitting on 2014 and 2015 Versa Notes.
“The expansion of the Color Studio program to the active lifestyle Versa Note builds on the success of last year’s JUKE Color Studio,” said Pierre Loing, vice president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc. “As we found with JUKE, a little color – or a lot – dramatically changes the look of a vehicle and there’s no easier way to make a ride stand out than the convenient, affordable Color Studio process. We believe Versa Note owners are going to embrace the concept just as much as JUKE owners do.”
As with JUKE Color Studio, the cost of the accessories can be added to the Versa Note purchase or lease costs and rolled into the payment of the vehicle. Dealer labor charges apply if installation is done at the dealership.
The Versa Note Color Studio palette of available accessory colors includes Black, White, Red, Black-Purple, Orange and Carbon Fiber Look. The full list of available accessories is:
- Exterior: Aluminum-alloy wheels (15-inch), wheel center caps, front lip finisher, door handle covers, side mirror caps (with and without turn signal), and rear roof spoiler
- Interior: Floor mats, kick plates, speaker rings, air vent rings, rearview mirror interior cover and interior trim appliques
Another feature of the Color Studio program, available for both Versa Note and JUKE, is a special website (NissanUSA.com/VersaNoteColorStudio) that offers a full 360-degree view of the vehicles with all colors and combinations of parts for configuration. The site is available for viewing on smartphones and sharing on social platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest and Google+, as well as in Nissan dealer showrooms. The Versa Note section of the Color Studio site goes live on November 17.
“We’re excited to add the Color Studio program to Versa Note and to show it for the first time to visitors at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show. Color does change everything,” added Loing.
About the 2016 Versa Note
The Nissan Versa Note continues to accumulate accolades for its versatility, value, technology and style – being named to lists such as Autotrader’s “Best Cars for Recent College Graduates” (2015), and Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com “10 Tech-Savviest Cars Under $20,000” (2015), “10 Best Back-to-School Cars” (2015) and “10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000” (2014). Now in its third year of production, Versa Note is offered in a range of five well-equipped models: S, S Plus, SV, SR and SL.
The 2016 Versa Note is powered by a 1.6-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine. Versa Note S features a 5-speed manual transmission, while the S Plus, SV, SR and SL models are equipped with a next-generation Nissan Xtronic transmission, helping these grades achieve 40 miles per gallon highway fuel economy.
Enhancements to Versa Note for 2016 include:
- SV grade adds as standard equipment content previously found in the SV Convenience Package, including: NissanConnectSM with Mobile Apps, 5.0-inch color display, Streaming audio via Bluetooth®, Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately), RearView Monitor and Divide-N-Hide™ Adjustable Floor
- Two new exterior colors: Cayenne Red and Gun Metallic
- Available personalization through the unique Nissan Color Studio
Versa Note SR offers a number of unique exterior and interior treatments, including sporty front and rear fascias and grille, dark headlight surrounds, fog lights, rear spoiler, suede-like seats and 16-inch sport machine-finished aluminum-alloy wheels and outside rearview mirrors with integrated turn signals.
The top-of-the-line Versa Note SL features a range of special equipment, including NissanConnect with Navigation and Mobile Apps, 5.8-inch color touch-screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and audio, SiriusXM® Traffic, SiriusXM® Travel Link™ (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately), Around View® Monitor, heated front seats, heated side view mirrors and 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels.