Nissan South Africa at the Johannesburg International Motor Show
Nissan will give South Africans a taste of its exciting future at the Johannesburg International Motor Show. An impressive stand plays host to a raft of new models, many of which will be making their way to our shores in the future.
“This year’s stand will underline the sheer breadth of the Nissan range from future electric transport in the form of the Nuvu, to the ultimate performance machine in the form of the Nissan GT-R,” says Mike Whitfield, Managing Director of Nissan South Africa.
“The vehicles on this stand encompass Nissan’s philosophy of tackling mobility today, tomorrow and in the more distant future,” he continues. “Nissan’s vision of mobility includes innovative features that build a relationship between car and driver, as well as Nissan’s long standing commitment to driving passion and emotive design. All these attributes can be explored on our stand.”
Recently unveiled to the international press South Africans will be among the first in the world to view Nissan’s latest concept vehicle the Nuvu. The Nuvu is an electric vehicle that shares some of the technology that will feature in the all-electric car Nissan will introduce in Japan and the US in 2010 and globally in 2012.
“Nissan’s vision for the future of urban transportation is encapsulated in Nuvu, literally a ‘new view’ of the type of car we will be driving in the middle of the next decade,” explains Whitfield.
Agile, and easy to drive and park, the Nuvu has a witty representation of Nissan’s green credentials in the dozen or so small solar panels across its all-glass roof. Shaped like leaves on a branch, the power they generate is fed to the battery using a ‘tree trunk’ within the car as a conduit. Nuvu also uses natural, organic and recycled materials within the cabin.
One of the star attractions of the Nissan stand – and the show - is sure to be the Nissan GT-R. The high performance sports car has attracted a cult following throughout the world and will no doubt attract a great deal of foot traffic at the show.
The GT-R has been hailed as the most accomplished and technologically advanced high performance car ever made by Nissan, a testament to Nissan’s engineering talents, featuring an advanced full-time four-wheel drive system that uses an independent transaxle 4WD (a world first) for greater agility. What’s more Nissan has confirmed that the Nissan GT-R will come to South Africa during the course of 2009.
“We are delighted to be able to showcase the Nissan GT-R ahead of its local launch in 2009,” says Whitfield. “Nissan is a company with a long heritage of building passionate cars for enthusiasts and the GT-R is the ultimate expression of this heritage.”
The all-new Murano is destined for our shores in the future and can be seen for the first time at the Johannesburg International Motor Show.
The new Murano is more stylish than before and has a contemporary new interior with the accent on luxury. It provides more refined performance following extensive revisions to the 3.5-litre V6 engine and its CVT transmission.
It is more comfortable thanks to its new platform, new suspension layout and extensive NVH improvements, and it has a number of innovative features designed to help and enhance life on board.
The most obvious changes are to the nose and rear with dramatically different head and LED tail light treatment, but the outline of the vehicle is also new. The angle of the side windows has been increased to provide a more dramatic profile, while the edges of the wheel arches have been squared off to give a more rugged and sporty image.
New Murano also benefits from a large number of innovative features designed to enhance the ownership experience.
HERE AND NOW
The stand also features a comprehensive display of the current Nissan line-up including the recently launched NP200. Designed to suit the rigorous demands of the South African market, the NP200 has an 800kg payload capacity and enormous cabin space.
Consumers will be able to view the expanded range of the NP200, which is due to come on stream during the course of next year. The growing range will include two additional engine derivatives.
After a year in the South African market, the Livina range has recently been expanded with the introduction of the Livina X-Gear, with sporty good looks and versatility ideal for young customers with an energetic lifestyle.
The Qashqai retains its appeal both globally and locally, and the recent addition of the diesel 4x4 derivative in South Africa will also be on the stand at the motor show.
The new Nissan X-Trail, introduced to South Africans earlier this year, remains a major success story for Nissan. The range was recently expanded to include a full range of diesel models including the only 4x2 diesel compact SUV in South Africa.
“The Johannesburg International Motor Show is an exhilarating event for us. Exciting times lie ahead for Nissan and the show provides us with the opportunity to give the public a glimpse into this future, while also allowing them to further explore the current line-up of Nissan models available here and now,” concludes Whitfield.
The Nissan range in a nutshell
- Bold, aggressive distinctive styling
- Award winning VQ engine series
- Spacious interior: 64 different seating configurations
- BOSE premium audio system
- 3 year reigning Off-road champion
- Most powerful one ton bakkie in South Africa (198kW/ 386Nm petrol and 128kW/403Nm diesel)
- Bold, aggressive, distinctive styling
- Unique Utili - track cargo tie down system in load box
- Nissan’s Flagship Off-roader (over 50 years of 4x4 heritage)
- Solid front and rear axles with coil springs and stabilizer bars
- Go anywhere/ no nonsense off road vehicle of choice to many.
- All-new X-Trail with authentic SUV styling
- New All-Mode 4x4-i System for seamless adaptation to all terrain conditions
- Class-leading luggage space and versatile storage solutions for flexible lifestyles
- Full range of Petrol and Diesel models (4x4 and 4x2) with fuel economy from 6.9l / 100km
- Spacious, with modern and clever functionalities
- Excellent fuel economy
- Low maintenance costs Voted “least expensive parts” in the Kinsey Report second year running.
- Modern (exterior interior design), surprising spaciousness (boot space, legroom), quality interior finish, smooth and responsive driving.
- excellent fuel economy
- A true sports car, for the Z enthusiasts available in coupe and roadster
- Powerful 3.5 V6 Engine
- 0-100km/h in 5.7 seconds
- Maximum Power 230KW @ 6800rpm
- Sporty look inside and out; It is equipped with air conditioning, electric power window, steering wheel tilt adjustment, it has 4 bottle holders, it also offers 6 CD auto changer front loader (on the Acenta+ model)
- Delivers 80kW@6000rpm of power at 153Nw@4400rpm of torque and reaches top speed of 190km/hour.
- Delivers a combined cycle fuel consumption of 7.2l/100km and is environmentally friendly with a CO2 emission of 165 g/km
- Four-wheel drive system incorporates some of the most sophisticated technology, producing 110kW@4000rpm of power at 320Nm@2000rpm of torque, reaching a top speed of 191km/hour.
- Available in 1.6l and 2.0l engine, 6speed manual transmission, petrol and diesel
- Earned a 5 Star Euro NCAP rating for adult occupant protection
- Equipped with electric power steering, discs brakes, ABS, brake assist, electronic brake force distribution, the latest generation vehicle dynamic control and 6 airbags with pre-tensioner front seatbelts. It has a ground clearance of 200mm
- Delivers a combined cycle fuel consumption of 6.6l/100km for the 4x2 model and 7l/100km for the all mode 4x4 model. QASHQAI is environmentally friendly with a CO2 emission of 174g/km
- Class leading luggage space with 410l as well as clever storage space such as 14l glove compartment and under seat drawer
- 3.5l V6 engine
- X-tronic CVT
- Variable Dynamic Control
- Multi-link rear suspension
- Unique and distinctive exterior design
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry