Special edition Nissan Navara designed especially for over-landing
- Navara 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4×4 LE continues with class-leading attributes
ROSSLYN, South Africa (11 November 2013) – The formidable Nissan Navara range has been expanded with the introduction of the new special edition Nissan Navara Safari– a specially modified iteration of the class-leading bakkie which has been tailored for the intrepid South African 4×4 enthusiast who enjoys overland excursions.
Under the guidance and advice of 4×4 expert Glyn Demmer, the Navara Safari benefits from additions and modifications which suit a safari environment. Says Demmer: “While the Nissan Navara in 4×4 guise remains a formidable off-road vehicle, we decided to specialise the Safari version and create a vehicle that is utterly suitable for overland trips. While the Navara Safari doesn’t lose any of its normal off-road capabilities, the addition of specialised extras just adds to its prowess as a long-distance ‘bundu basher’.”
The new Nissan Navara Safari, which is based on the Navara 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4×4 LE and is available with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic gearbox, features a host of special equipment which includes:
- All-terrain tyres for optimum grip off-road without compromising on-road dynamics,
- A front-mounted nudge bar which provides protection from trees and shrubs as well as serving as a pertinent mounting point for the standard spot lights which provide superior enhancements to visibility at night,
- Hard-wearing seat covers which are crafted from cotton canvas for extra protection and which include useful storage pockets,
- Easy-to-clean SAFARI-branded carpets,
- A rubberised load box with tonneau cover for extra practicality, cargo protection, aerodynamic drag improvement and aesthetic enhancement,
- Underbody protection plates for the engine, gearbox and transfer case which make traversing rocky terrain less dangerous,
- Custom-built protective rocksliders which protects the side sills,
- A removable tow bar with recovery points to capitalise on the Navara’s 3 000 kg towing capacity while maintaining an excellent departure angle.
Nissan South Africa Product Manager (Marketing), Marinus Venter, elaborates: “In creating the Navara Safari we wanted to ensure that specialised extras were fitted not only to add value but to make off-road excursions even easier for our more adventurous customers.”
As with the rest of the Nissan Navara range, the new Navara Safari comes standard with a 3-year/ 100 000 km warranty and Nissan’s 3-year/ 90 000 km service plan, with service intervals of 15 000 km.
|New Nissan Navara Safari||Retail price incl. VAT|
|NAVARA SAFARI 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4×4 LE 6MT||R490 000|
|NAVARA SAFARI 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4×4 LE AT||R496 000|