Nissan Navara takes on new Safari
Special edition Nissan Navara designed especially for over-landing
- Navara 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4x4 LE continues with class-leading attributes
ROSSLYN, South Africa (11 November 2013) – The formidable Nissan Navara range has been expanded with the introduction of the new special edition Nissan Navara Safari– a specially modified iteration of the class-leading bakkie which has been tailored for the intrepid South African 4x4 enthusiast who enjoys overland excursions.
Under the guidance and advice of 4x4 expert Glyn Demmer, the Navara Safari benefits from additions and modifications which suit a safari environment. Says Demmer: “While the Nissan Navara in 4x4 guise remains a formidable off-road vehicle, we decided to specialise the Safari version and create a vehicle that is utterly suitable for overland trips. While the Navara Safari doesn’t lose any of its normal off-road capabilities, the addition of specialised extras just adds to its prowess as a long-distance ‘bundu basher’.”
The new Nissan Navara Safari, which is based on the Navara 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4x4 LE and is available with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic gearbox, features a host of special equipment which includes:
- All-terrain tyres for optimum grip off-road without compromising on-road dynamics,
- A front-mounted nudge bar which provides protection from trees and shrubs as well as serving as a pertinent mounting point for the standard spot lights which provide superior enhancements to visibility at night,
- Hard-wearing seat covers which are crafted from cotton canvas for extra protection and which include useful storage pockets,
- Easy-to-clean SAFARI-branded carpets,
- A rubberised load box with tonneau cover for extra practicality, cargo protection, aerodynamic drag improvement and aesthetic enhancement,
- Underbody protection plates for the engine, gearbox and transfer case which make traversing rocky terrain less dangerous,
- Custom-built protective rocksliders which protects the side sills,
- A removable tow bar with recovery points to capitalise on the Navara’s 3 000 kg towing capacity while maintaining an excellent departure angle.
Nissan South Africa Product Manager (Marketing), Marinus Venter, elaborates: “In creating the Navara Safari we wanted to ensure that specialised extras were fitted not only to add value but to make off-road excursions even easier for our more adventurous customers.”
As with the rest of the Nissan Navara range, the new Navara Safari comes standard with a 3-year/ 100 000 km warranty and Nissan’s 3-year/ 90 000 km service plan, with service intervals of 15 000 km.
|New Nissan Navara Safari||Retail price incl. VAT|
|NAVARA SAFARI 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4x4 LE 6MT||R490 000|
|NAVARA SAFARI 2.5 dCi Double Cab 4x4 LE AT||R496 000|