NISSAN JUKE BOX TAKES TO THE ROAD WITH MINISTRY OF SOUND
- The Nissan Juke Box with Ministry of Sound - the world's most powerful sound system on the road producing up to 150db - announces its tour across Europe
- ‘Summer Sessions' events scheduled as part of Nissan's long term brand partnership with Ministry of Sound
- The bespoke ‘Juke Box Sessions' radio show goes on-air on Ministry of Sound's digital radio channel
- Behind-the-scenes on the Nissan Juke Box project: The second in a two part webisode series is released
To celebrate Nissan's crossover into music with Ministry of Sound, the world's ultimate mobile sound system - the Juke Box - will, over the next 12 weeks, embark on its European tour; the Juke Box Summer Sessions.
The action kicked off this weekend in the UK at Thorpe Park when Nissan's Juke Box appeared at Ministry of Sound's sold-out club night at the adrenaline filled theme park. Highlights of events planned for the rest of the tour will include the Zomerkriebels festival in the Netherlands (7th July) and the Formula Student 2012 event at Silverstone in the UK (13th July). Next up, on 20th July the legendary Spanish super club La Terrrazza in Barcelona plays host to the world-class sound system, before it heads back to the UK to support Ministry of Sound artist HADOUKEN!, who will perform live in the legendary Box at Ministry of Sound, London at the end of the month.
The Nissan Juke Box is the world's most powerful mobile sound system which, thanks to the unique partnership between Nissan, Ministry of Sound and renowned audio engineers Martin Audio, is capable of generating 18,900W of audio power and more than 150db (louder than a jumbo jet in take-off).
Over the next 12 weeks, Juke Box's custom sound system, DJ booth and bespoke lighting rig will be put through their paces by some of Ministry of Sound's most popular tour residents, including Shane Kehoe, Joelle Atkins and Nissan Juke Box Sessions radio show host Des Paul.
At every stop on the Summer Sessions tour the Juke Box will capture the exclusive DJ sets played at events through its built in digital radio studio.
Dance music fans across Europe can enjoy these exclusive DJ sets as part of the "Nissan Juke Box Sessions" radio shows which will be broadcast fortnightly on Mondays between 5pm to 7pm GMT on-line via Ministry of Sound's digital radio channel, (ministryofsound.com/radio). They will also be available through the free Ministry of Sound Radio app on iTunes across Europe (search Ministry of Sound Radio in the iTunes App store).
Facebook fans can also listen to the shows via a bespoke widget embedded into the Nissan Juke Official Facebook page. As part of Nissan's commitment to putting the fan first, this innovative piece of technology allows fans to request their favourite tracks to be included in forthcoming shows and events, as well as tuning in to the radio show and catching up with the tour action.
Just released is the final instalment in a two-part webisode series which follows the Juke Box story from conception and build, through to its world premiere at Le Mans 24 hour endurance race less than 48 hours after the build process was completed.
Viewers will see behind-the-scenes as the Juke Box makes the first stop on its Pan European road trip at the motorsports mecca of Le Mans. The film also documents all of the action from its first party hosted by Ministry of Sound DJs the Dixon Brothers, Joelle Atkins and Nissan Juke Box Sessions radio show host Des Paul.
Juke Box Summer Sessions planned tour dates:
- 7th July - Ministry of Sound at Zomerkriebels festival, Netherlands
- 13th - 14th July - Formula Student 2012, Silverstone, UK
- 20th July - Ministry of Sound at La Terrrazza, Barcelona, Spain
- 26th July - HADOUKEN! live at Ministry of Sound, London, UK
- 28th July - Ministry of Sound, Millers, The Hague, The Netherlands
- 4th August - Spindler & Klatt, Berlin, Germany
Expect more dates to be added over the coming weeks.