NEW TOYOTA AVENSIS TAKES ON-BOARD CONNECTIVITY TO THE NEXT LEVEL
2012 model marks debut for Toyota Touch and Go Plus
- New Avensis the first Toyota to be equipped with Touch and Go Plus, offering more advanced multimedia, navigation and information functions, including email integration
- System fitted as standard to T Spirit models
- Affordable Touch and Go with touchscreen satellite navigation, Bluetooth, rear-view camera and connectivity to Google Local Search and downloadable applications standard on TR and T4 models
- Additional new equipment features and improved interior trims and finishes on all grades
- No increase in price compared to current Avensis range
Across the board, equipment specifications have been raised for the new, British-built Toyota Avensis. Foremost among the improvements is the provision of Toyota’s innovative and affordable Touch and Go integrated multimedia and navigation system as a standard feature on all models bar the entry level T2 grade.
Taking in-car connectivity to an even higher level, new Avensis also marks the introduction of the latest development of Touch and Go, Touch and Go Plus. A standard feature of the top-of-the-range T Spirit models, Toyota Touch and Go Plus broadens the functionality and versatility of the system to include features such as access to email, advanced traffic data improved mapping, and voice recognition.
Having the ability to keep connected to key communications channels while on the move will further strengthen the appeal of new Avensis to business customers, in addition to the attractive company car tax position enjoyed by the new 119g/km 2.0 D-4D diesel engine, which makes its debut in the 2012 Avensis.
Touch and Go Plus
Avensis is the first Toyota to offer Toyota Touch and Go Plus. It is designed for quick and easy use, with an advanced voice recognition system for inputting navigation addresses and “one-shot” destination entry. The on-board entertainment functions include a music search-and-play and, using a Gracenote database, a ‘Play More Like This’ music function.
Email can be sent and received and, for convenience on the move, there is a text-to-speech message function and a phonebook search-and-call facility.
The more sophisticated satellite navigation mapping incorporates 3D city modelling and landmarks, and an additional Traffic Patterns database which shows the average speed on sections of a programmed route, according to the time, day and month.
The system includes three years’ free map and software updates.
Future upgrades will enable text messages and emails to be dictated, and for the screen to display Google Search Street View.
Toyota Touch and Go – key features
- 6.1-inch touchscreen
- Pan-European satellite navigation
- Motorway-style signposting
- Eco-route option
- Driver can enter and store personal points of interest (POI)
- Stop-over function (route navigation resumes after a break in a journey, such as an overnight hotel stop)
- Detailed live traffic information
- Speed limit and safety camera warnings
- SMS/text message sending and receipt
- Connection via Bluetooth and compatible mobile phone to Google Local Search and downloadable applications*
- Rear-view camera
- Phone book integration with pictures of contacts displayed on-screen.
- Audio streaming from iPods and other portable music players
- iPod album cover display
* Requires a Bluetooth compatible phone with data connection enabled and tethering permitted by the mobile network operator. Connection requires customer log-in via the Toyota customer portal.
Toyota Touch and Go Plus – additional features
- Advanced voice recognition
- Enhanced mapping with 3D city modelling and landmarks
- Email and calendar integration
- Text to speech function
- Music search and play
- “Play more like this” music function
- Traffic patterns database
The new Avensis range retains the same grade structure as the current model, with improved equipment specifications at every level.
The T2 entry model now comes as standard with Bluetooth, daytime running lights, leather steering wheel and improved interior trim. These features are in addition to the established T2 specification, which includes air conditioning; electric front windows, multi-information display, seven airbags and Vehicle Stability Control with steering torque assist (VSC+).
TR remains the best-selling core grade in the new line-up. It builds on the T2 with Toyota Touch and Go multimedia connectivity and satellite navigation (see above), 17-inch machine-finished alloys, dusk-sensing headlights and rain-sensing windscreen wipers, auto-dimming rear-view mirror and, on versions powered by the 2.2 D-4D 150 engine, Smart Entry and Start. Cruise control, electric driver’s seat lumbar adjustment, automatic air conditioning, an Aux-in point, electric rear windows, front foglights and, on tourer models, loadspace rails and dark-tinted rear windows, remain part of the TR package.
New elements of the Avensis T4 include Toyota Touch and Go with an 11-speaker audio system, leather and Alcantara upholstery, new-design 17-inch alloy wheels and a nickel and wood effect centre console. This grade also provides electrically retractable heated door mirrors and, on the saloon, rear window sunshades.
At the top of the range, the new T Spirit saloon and tourer gain the Toyota Touch and Go Plus system with 11-speaker audio system, plus daytime running lights that use LEDs in place of halogen bulbs.
The premium features of the T Spirit also extend to 18-inch alloys, black leather upholstery, heated front seats, electric steering wheel adjustment, rear parking sensors and bi-xenon headlamps, plus a panoramic roof for the tourer.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry