New Skoda Yeti Urban: Limited-Edition SUV Targets Style-Savvy Customers
- Featuring up to £2,450 worth of extra equipment at no extra cost
- Available in two-wheel-drive with manual transmission only
- Choice of two engines: 1.2-litre TSI 105PS and 2.0-litre TDI CR 110PS DPF
- Limited to 750 vehicles; UK only, available from April
Milton Keynes, 28 March 2012 - ŠKODA is launching a limited-edition version of its critically acclaimed Yeti compact SUV. Called the Yeti Urban, it is based on the already highly popular SE trim, but features up to £2,450 worth of extra equipment at no extra cost when compared to the SE.
The ŠKODA Yeti compact SUV has been a huge sale success since it was launched in 2009 - more than 8,800 have been registered in the UK.
It won 12 independent product awards along the way, and charmed UK car buyers with its on-road performance, family orientated practicality and rugged styling. This new model - restricted to just 750 cars - will extend that appeal to younger and more style-conscious UK buyers.
The Yeti Urban also sets a new benchmark for technology in ŠKODA cars. It's the first model to be sold in the UK with DAB digital radio as standard. Over and above SE trim, Yeti Urban includes Amundsen+ satellite navigation, Bluetooth connectivity and a multi-function steering wheel to control the audio system and telephone.
Additional design features include stunning 17-inch black-and-chrome 'Matterhorn' alloys, wheel arch extensions, chrome side strips, silver door mirror caps, silver roof rails and stylish eye-catching roof stripes. Inside, customers have the choice of red or black sports seats and sunset glass in the rear.
The Yeti Urban is available in two-wheel-drive with manual transmission only, and comes with a choice of two engines. The petrol option is the frugal 1.2-litre TSI 105PS, which offers fuel economy of 44.1mpg (combined) and CO2 emissions of 149g/km. For diesel fans there's the popular 2.0-litre TDI CR 110PS DPF, which offers figures of 52.3mpg (combined) and CO2 emissions of 140g/km.
The car's exterior can be finished in one of four rich and vibrant colours, with no extra charges for metallic paint. The options are Black Magic pearl effect, Candy White, Brilliant Silver metallic and Steel Grey metallic.
ŠKODA retailers have a number of accessories on offer which include stainless steel pedals (£80), sports exhaust trim (£50), and Nextbase Click 9 Lite Duo portable DVD player with twin 9-inch screens (£315).
The ŠKODA Yeti Urban is on sale from the beginning of April 2012 priced at £16,900 OTR for the petrol model and £18,330 OTR for the diesel.
Yeti Urban standard features:
- 17-inch black-and-chrome Matterhorn alloy wheels
- Amundsen+ satellite navigation
- Bluetooth GSM II telephone preparation
- DAB Digital radio
- Chrome exterior side moulding strips
- Decorative interior insert
- Silver door mirror covers
- Multi-function steering wheel for radio and telephone
- Roof stripes
- Silver roof rails
- Sports seats - red or black
- Sunset glass
- Wheel arch extensions
- Metallic paint (FOC if selected)
- Acoustic rear parking sensors
- Cruise control
- Dual-Zone air conditioning
- Maxi-dot trip computer
- Fog lights
- Front centre armrest with storage compartment