New Renault Scénic and Grand Scénic: winning looks and Energy power
- To coincide with the unveiling of Scénic XMOD, Renault is renewing its entire mainstream MPV range.
- New Scénic and Grand Scénic feature the new front end that is emblematic of Renault’s new design identity.
- The Scénic line is now fitted with the latest Energy powertrains, especially the brand-new TCe 130 which reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by 15%.
- R-Link technology now available for New Scénic and Grand Scénic – Europe’s best-selling MPV – in addition to the Bose® tailor-engineered sound currently available for the two models.
- New Renault Scénic and Grand Scénic will be presented in more detail at Geneva in March alongside the Scénic XMOD crossover.
Renault Scénic and Grand Scénic get a facelift
To mark the launch of Scénic XMOD, Scénic and Grand Scénic have been restyled to take on Renault’s new design identity. The Renault logo at the front is now bigger and set against a gloss black background that emphasises the new grille. The elegant lines and high-quality materials help to enhance the MPV’s dynamic, family-oriented feel.
On the inside, the immediate impression of quality is perfectly worthy of the segment’s best-seller in Europe since 1996. The soft curves of the dashboard now include an area devoted to navigation and multimedia, in addition to the TFT screen which can be customised to display key information. R-Link makes its appearance on Renault Scénic and includes an easy-to-reach joystick control plus a touchscreen display positioned within the driver’s field of vision. Depending on the version, Bose® tailor-engineered sound still offers class-leading acoustic performance.
Energy boost for the Scénic line
The latest ENERGY engines share the same guiding principle, i.e. significantly reduced fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and running costs, while maximising driving enjoyment and reliability. Renault Scénic XMOD and New Scénic and Grand Scénic can all be ordered with the three new Energy powertrains. Especially noteworthy is the brand-new Energy TCe 130, boasting a 15% improvement on fuel consumption over the previous TCe 130 unit, equivalent to a combined-cycle saving of more than 1 litre/100km. This particularly smooth yet responsive powerplant combines genuine driving enjoyment and lively performance at all engine speeds.
Hallmark quality made in France
Since Scénic’s release in 1996, 4,300,000 units have been produced at the Douai plant. Renault has built up its expertise on the strength of the rigour and professionalism of all the plant’s employees. Renault has invested €420 million in adapting and upgrading the factory which will produce premium Renault models from 2014. This marks a new stage in Renault’s quality policy involving each and every staff member. The ‘Douai certified quality’ plan is based on four pillars: a thorough understanding of quality standards and practices, everyday quality management, the highest level of skills and a stronger focus on perceived quality
New Renault Scénic and Grand Scénic will be presented on March 5 at the Geneva Motor Show and will be available for test drives shortly after with all the features listed.
Renault Scénic XMOD will also be revealed in a world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show.
* Consumptions and emissions approved according to applicable regulations