Jaguar XE AT-A-GLANCE
- The new Jaguar XE: the driver’s car in the global mid-size sedan segment
- First-in-class aluminium-intensive monocoque
- Dynamic design, classic rear-drive stance
- Smallest, lightest, stiffest Jaguar sedan
- Most aerodynamic Jaguar to date, with a drag coefficient of 0.26
- Double wishbone and Integral Link suspension for precise handling and a supple ride
- High-efficiency 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel: 132kW and 430Nm; 4.2 litres per 100km; 109g/km CO2
- Supercharged 3.0-litre V6: 250kW and 450Nm; 0-100km/h: 5.1s
- Six-speed manual and eight-speed automatic transmissions
- World debut of Jaguar All Surface Progress Control: a revolutionary system that maximises low-speed traction in adverse conditions
- Jaguar Drive Control with Eco, Normal, Winter and Dynamic modes
- Stereo camera technology enables lane departure warning and auto high-beam assist
- Laser head-up display generates high-contrast colour images
- Deployable bonnet delivers enhanced pedestrian protection
Pretoria, 26 August 2015 – The Jaguar XE redefines the concept of the sports sedan and is the driver’s car in its class. Its lightweight construction, streamlined styling, luxurious interior and outstanding ride and handling are testament to company founder Sir William Lyons’ vision: ‘The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive’
The rear-drive XE is the only vehicle in its class to use an aluminium-intensive monocoque. This extremely robust yet light structure, together with double wishbone front suspension and an Integral Link rear axle, is fundamental to the XE’s innovative benchmark vehicle dynamics.
Jaguar’s world-leading expertise in aluminium structure engineering enables exceptional fuel consumption and emissions figures: with a new 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel engine the XE can achieve 4.2 litres/100km (combined) and 109g/km CO2 – the most efficient Jaguar ever.
Powered by the supercharged 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine from the acclaimed Jaguar F-TYPE, the XE S is capable of 0-100km/h in just 5.1 seconds.
“The Jaguar XE has performance and handling that match its sporty, yet elegant, design,” says Lisa Mallett, Marketing and Communications Director of Jaguar Land Rover South Africa and sub-Sahara Africa. “Its emotional appeal is further enhanced through superb levels of luxury and use of state-of-the-art materials and technology.”
The aluminium-intensive Jaguar XE is the first model developed from Jaguar Land Rover’s new modular vehicle architecture. The long 2 835mm wheelbase and low seating position enable perfect proportions and a streamlined profile.
The cabin offers outstanding levels of comfort and spaciousness. Exquisite materials and finishes combined with Jaguar craftsmanship make this a class-beating interior that’s unlike anything else in the segment. Centre stage is an eight-inch touchscreen that offers drivers easy access to media and navigation features, as well information displays.
The XE has some of the most advanced driver assistance systems available. All Surface Progress Control (ASPC), developed through decades of Jaguar Land Rover experience in off-road traction systems, can electronically gain traction in seconds and is ideal for use on low-grip surfaces, such as icy roads or wet grass.
Laser projection technology enables the XE’s head-up display (HUD) to generate sharp, high-contrast colour graphics from a module smaller and almost a third lighter than existing systems, retaining clarity even in direct sunlight. The HUD can display important information to drivers at eyelevel, allowing them to keep their focus on the road.
A stereo camera is mounted behind the front windscreen to give the XE a 3D view of the road ahead: this highly accurate data is used for functions including the lane departure warning system.
The XE is the stiffest, most aerodynamic Jaguar sedan car ever built. It is also the first Jaguar to be equipped with electric power steering, tuned to provide exceptional responsiveness and feel but with lower energy consumption than hydraulic systems. The XE also boasts the lowest cost of ownership and most environmentally sustainable credentials of all Jaguar models.
Manufacturing of the aluminium-intensive Jaguar XE occurs at Jaguar Land Rover’s Solihull plant in an all-new facility.
The XE completes the Jaguar sedan range, sitting below the XF and XJ model lines.