New Generation Hyundai I30 Hits UK Showrooms Today
- Hyundai’s New Generation i30 goes on sale in the UK today
- It brings style, efficiency and comfort to the compact family car segment
- Prices start at £14,495 on-the-road with insurance group ratings from Group 7E
- Blue Drive technologies standard on all 1.6 CRDi manuals with CO2 emissions from just 97g/km and fuel economy up to 76.3mpg
- Competitive prices across the range with a high level of standard specification
- It will be the lowest priced sub-100 g/km 5-door model in the C-segment with the lowest fuel consumption and the lowest BIK at £876 per year for 40% tax payers
- New Generation i30 recently named ‘Car of the Year’ 2012 by leading car review website, CarBuyer
High Wycombe, 12 March 2012 - New Generation i30 looks set to build upon the remarkable success achieved by the original model when its hits UK showrooms today. It will offer consumers a stylish and more refined alternative with improved comfort and packaging, an increased level of standard feature, lower emissions and cost of ownership.
Prices start from £14,495 (on the road) and rise to £20,795 – offering a line-up of four engines (two petrol and two diesels) with five power outputs ranging from 90 to 128ps and four trim levels - Classic, Active, Style and Style Nav.
Hyundai is committed to developing its clean diesel technologies. The new 1.6-litre diesel unit, featuring Intelligent Stop & Go technologies, delivers an impressive power to efficiency ratio, providing an output of 128ps and emissions of just 100 g/km. This will make this model one of the most efficient vehicles in the C-segment.
New Generation i30 is longer, wider and lower than its predecessor – generating sportier exterior proportions without compromising interior functionality. Overall length is increased by 20 mm (to 4,300 mm), width is enlarged by 5 mm (to 1,780 mm) and height has been reduced by 10 mm (to 1,470 mm). The 2,650 mm wheelbase is carried over from the original i30 model.
Tony Whitehorn, President and CEO Hyundai Motor UK, says: “The new generation i30 represents another leap forward in terms of Hyundai’s design, refinement and build quality. Coupled with our generous standard specification and backed up by our industry leading Five Year Triple Care assurance, the New Generation i30 truly represents the complete package for customers looking for a high-quality vehicle at an affordable price.”
The New Generation i30 was recently announced as ‘Car of the Year 2012’ by leading car review website, CarBuyer.