NEW CITROËN DS5: DARING, RADICAL & ASSERTIVE
Citroën is showcasing an impressive line-up of new and current models at the 64th International Frankfurt Motor Show, along with a range of innovations that embody the very best of the brand’s ‘Créative Technologie’.
Together with the Company’s existing range of stylish, award-winning vehicles and latest innovative technologies, Citroën’s show display will present the complete DS line for the first time in Europe - including a new Citroën DS3 ‘Ultra Prestige’ model, the recently launched, non-conformist New Citroën DS4 and the stunning New Citroën DS5, which debuts Citroën’s HYbrid4 technology. The mighty 300bhp Citroën Total World Rally Team DS3 WRC will also make a special appearance.
Faithful to the spirit of the DS line, Citroën is sharing its passion for craftsmanship and the use of premium materials by presenting its finest upholsterers and their creations on its stand at Frankfurt.
We are pleased to invite you to the Citroën stand (A24 in Hall 8) for our Press Conference, which will take place at 14.30 on Tuesday 13 September. Please see below for further details.
THE DISTINCTIVELY STYLED DS LINE
NEW CITROËN DS5: DARING, RADICAL & ASSERTIVE
The third model in the distinctively styled DS line, New Citroën DS5 will make its European premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show before going on sale in the UK early in 2012. Taking centre stage on the Citroën stand, DS5 is the next evolution in the distinctive line of Citroën cars that feature bold choices in terms of style, vehicle architecture, driving sensations and refinement.
An exciting new addition to the award-winning DS line, Citroën DS5 appeals to customers looking for a resolutely modern approach to the creation of premium executive vehicles. New Citroën DS5 is for those who relish the pleasure of driving an exceptional car.
DS5 surprises and appeals with its:
- Styling. An eye-catching, daring design with inspired detailing, DS5’s aerodynamic silhouette is bold and assertive. The beautifully appointed cabin expresses the very best of Citroën styling expertise, with premium materials including club leather and brushed aluminium touches, together with unique elements such as the luxurious ‘watchstrap’ seats.
- Intelligent Design. DS5 is an extraordinary vehicle that offers a new approach in the premium executive segment. Combining compact body dimensions with a spacious interior, DS5 goes beyond traditional compromises between aesthetics and user-friendly design, successfully marrying true driving pleasure with comfort and well-being.
- HYbrid4. DS5 is the first Citroën model to feature HYbrid4 full-hybrid diesel technology, providing thrilling performance and class leading environmental credentials. The advanced HYbrid4 system delivers 200bhp; four wheel drive capability; emission-free electric power for the city; and an acceleration boost function for the open road - with total CO2 emissions from just 99g/km.
- Dynamic Performance. Like DS3 and DS4, New Citroën DS5 offers a dynamic, yet serene drive in all conditions. The car’s unique feel on the road gives direct feedback for a truly rewarding driving experience.
- Technology. DS5 features the latest advances in Citroën technology, including Intelligent Traction Control; a new-generation Lane Departure Warning System; an automatic high-beam function that activates and deactivates depending on light conditions and surrounding traffic; a new colour head-up display; and a reverse parking camera.
- Safety. Reassuringly secure with protection-enhancing technology exclusive to the model, DS5 recently achieved a 5-star safety rating in the latest round of Euro NCAP crash tests, along with an impressive 97% score in the ‘Safety Assist’ category.
- Spirit. Highly appealing inside and out, DS5 invites the driver and passengers alike to take part in a unique onboard experience. With an aviation-inspired cockpit driving position and a beautifully appointed cabin, all occupants can savour DS5’s engaging interior environment.
NEW CITROËN DS4: WHY CONFORM?
New Citroën DS4, the second model in the premium DS line, has secured almost 15,000 orders since its launch. Citroën DS4 - voted ‘Most Beautiful Car of the Year’ at the 26th International Automobile Festival - refuses to conform to normal design codes. A raised stance, five-door coupé, DS4 redefines expectations with its unique blend of bold design, elegance and versatility.
DS4 combines head-turning good looks with an unrivalled driving experience - both fundamental to the DNA of the DS line. Designed first and foremost as a sleek coupé, but with 5-door flexibility and a commanding stance, DS4 takes ‘Créative Technologie’ to yet another level. DS4 is dominant, confident and powerful - a perfect sequel to the multi award-winning DS3.
DS4’s defined coupé physique belies its versatile 5-door layout. Three full-size rear seats are accessed via seamlessly integrated rear doors with handles encased in the car’s extended window frames. When open, these rear doors reveal their angular shape as a uniquely elegant design touch.
A large panoramic windscreen offers enhanced occupant visibility and illuminates the driver-focused cockpit, creating a bright and welcoming environment. Drilled aluminium pedals, embossed door handles and a choice of five leather combinations complete the opulent atmosphere.
NEW CITROËN DS3 ‘ULTRA PRESTIGE’
The highly successful Citroën DS3 will also be on show in the form of a unique ‘Ultra Prestige’ edition. To celebrate the sales success of the model - over 100,000 orders in just 18 months since launch - DS3 Ultra Prestige is a bold foray into the world of luxury. It features premium materials and benefits from all-new manufacturing processes in the automotive sector.
The ‘Monogramme’ décor - which covers the roof with the DS insignia - provides a range of subtle contrasts, shifting from matt to gloss as the light changes. The Ultra Prestige model is also fitted exclusively with 17-inch charcoal-grey diamond-effect wheels and a ‘Dark Chrome’ finish on the wing mirrors, door strips and front grille.
Inside, Citroën DS3 Ultra Prestige is fitted with ‘watchstrap’ seat upholstery in club leather, which is specific to the DS line. The leather itself is of a quality typically reserved for handcrafted, made to order creations.
The front seats sport a ‘crescendo’ effect that is entirely new to the automotive sector and inspired by fashion design. Developed using a process specially created for this version, the colours on the seats blend gradually from white at the top to black at the base. The dashboard strip is covered in ‘Alpin Weiss’ white club leather, embossed with a DS logo that also features on the upper part of the front seats. The colour of the dials on the instrument cluster match the white of the interior detailing.
The sophisticated Citroën DS3 Ultra Prestige is also equipped with ultra-thick protective mats, braided with double stitching in contrasting colours. For enhanced onboard well-being, club leather is fitted on the door panels and central armrest.
DARING COLOURS FOR DS3
DS3 remains one of the most customisable cars on the market, with a vast range of colour schemes, decals and fixtures that allow customers to create a unique model, reflecting their own personality. Following the recent introduction of new body colours like Hickory Brown, DS3 is now available with a Fuchsia Pink roof colour - complete with matching pink door mirrors, wheel centre caps, dashboard fascia and gearlever knob. A new ‘Flower’ roof designs will also be on show, with an all-new matt and pearlescent effect.
DS3 WRC: PURSUING THE SPORTING ADVENTURE
The Citroën Total World Rally Team, currently competing for a seventh WRC Manufacturers’ title, will provide a DS3 WRC for display on the Citroën stand. The 300bhp machine has won eight of the nine rounds so far this season in the hands of Sébastien Loeb/Daniel Elena and Sébastien Ogier/Julien Ingrassia. The Citroën Total World Rally Team currently leads in the Manufacturers’ rankings, with Sébastien Loeb leading the Drivers’ Championship.
A concentration of Citroën’s ‘Créative Technologie’, the DS3 WRC is more compact than its predecessor, the C4 WRC, and is powered by a 1.6-litre direct-injection turbo. The manual gearbox is mated to a four wheel drive transmission and the power delivery to the front and rear axles is constant.
THE BEST OF CITROËN TECHNOLOGY
HYBRID4 DIESEL TECHNOLOGY
New DS5 is Citroën’s first car to feature a full-hybrid drivetrain combining an efficient HDi diesel engine with electric power. HYbrid4 technology offers top-level performance - 200bhp, four wheel drive, electric power for city driving and an acceleration boost function in Sport mode - with extremely low CO2 emissions from just 99g/km.
The full-hybrid system combines several technologies:
- a 2.0HDi 160 diesel engine
- a Stop & Start system with a second-generation reversible alternator
- an automated 6-speed gearbox with optimised shifts
- a permanent-magnet synchronous electric motor fitted on the rear axle, developing power of up to 27kW (37bhp)
- a Power Train Management Unit, automatically managing the operating modes of the diesel engine and electric motor to achieve the lowest possible fuel consumption.
With the driver choosing from four settings:
- ‘Auto’, which automatically switches between the diesel engine and the electric motor to optimise fuel consumption
- ‘Zero Emission Vehicle’ (ZEV) mode, for driving with the electric motor alone, at speeds of up to 60km/h (37mph)
- ‘4 Wheel Drive’, for more traction at low speeds by using all four wheels (front wheels powered by the diesel engine, rear wheels by the electric motor)
- ‘Sport’, for quicker responses, through the maximum use of the electric motor in addition to the diesel engine.
Citroën launched the full-electric C-Zero late in 2010 and the model will be on display at Frankfurt to demonstrate the benefits of zero emission motoring. Equipped with its lithium-ion battery pack, C-Zero delivers zero CO2 emissions and zero noise. It is perfectly suited to urban driving with its comfortable interior, compact dimensions, surprisingly strong performance and sufficient range for day to day journeys. Over 1,300 orders for C-Zero have been taken since launch.
The application of e-HDi micro-hybrid technology on all of its recently launched models confirms Citroën‘s drive to reduce CO2 emissions. A full 50% of Citroëncars sold this year emit under 130g/km of CO2 and the brand’s firm commitments in this field are also highlighted by a five-gram decrease in average CO2 emissions for the European range as a whole.
A Citroën C3 with e-HDi 70 micro-hybrid technology - a perfect example of this environmental commitment - will be on show at Frankfurt. Emitting just 87g/km of CO2, Citroën’s ‘Créative Technologie’ makes this C3 one of the most carbon-efficient cars in its class.
CITROËN eTOUCH: INNOVATIVE ONBOARD SERVICES
The Citroën eTouch Emergency & Assistance system has already earned the brand the Euro NCAP Advanced award, an accolade given to innovative systems that ensure the highest safety levels, whilst retaining mass market affordability.
The innovative eTouch system features an automatic SOS emergency call function in the event of an accident. Drivers also have the ability to manually call for assistance and roadside recovery by pressing a separate ‘Double Chevron’ button. With its integrated GPS and SIM card, the innovative Citroën eTouch system sends the exact location of the stranded vehicle to a central call centre. The multi-function eTouch System also delivers a range of useful monitoring services for owners. The system allows drivers to consult information online in their ‘MyCITROËN’ personal space, which enables them to monitor their vehicle’s maintenance requirements and to receive advice on improving their fuel economy. These services are free and available 24-7.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry