- Introduction of the latest new model to wear the badge of MINI’s John Cooper Works sub-brand; MINI John Cooper Works Countryman is the performance model of the range and the first to come with MINI ALL4 all-wheel drive; MINI John Cooper Works Countryman combines racing passion on the road with extreme driving fun on rough terrain; authentic embodiment of traditional motor sport expertise and the current rally racing programme; introducing this distinctive racing feel into another new vehicle segment opens up additional target groups for the John Cooper Works brand.
- Newly developed four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 1.6-litre displacement and maximum output of 160 kW; peak torque: 280 Newton metres (with overboost: 300 Nm); most powerful drive unit in the MINI model range, featuring construction principles and materials adapted specially from race-trim cars; innovative combination of twin-scroll turbocharger, petrol direct injection and fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology; compelling performance – acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.0 seconds – and stand-out efficiency in this output class; extensive range of MINIMALISM technology (not for South Africa), including Brake Energy Regeneration, Gear Shift Indicator, Auto Start-Stop function and Electric Power Steering.
- Six-speed manual gearbox fitted as standard, six-speed automatic gearbox with Steptronic function and steering wheel shift paddles available as an option; standard sports exhaust produces stirring soundtrack; standard Sport Button tweaks the engine’s responses and vocal character, the power assistance provided by the steering and the shift dynamics of the optional automatic gearbox.
- MINI ALL4 permanent all-wheel drive makes its debut in a John Cooper Works model; distribution of power varied seamlessly between the front and rear axles by an electromagnetic centre differential positioned directly on the final drive; DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) including DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) and EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control) linked up to ALL4 all-wheel drive as standard; hallmark MINI handling characteristics expressed in maximum intensity and with a new, traction-led character.
- Sophisticated chassis technology with MacPherson struts at the front axle and a central-arm rear axle adapted specially for the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman; standard sports suspension with particularly firmly tuned springs and dampers, strengthened anti-roll bars and a 10-millimetre drop in ride height; powerful brakes with red callipers; extra-lightweight 18-inch Twin Spoke light-alloy wheels fitted as standard; exclusive 19-inch wheels available as an option.
- Standard-fitted aerodynamic kit provides striking appearance and optimised airflow; John Cooper Works logo on the radiator grille and tailgate; front foglamps fitted as standard; selection of seven exterior paint shades available; contrast paint finish for the roof and exterior mirror caps can be ordered in white and black, as well as the red shade available exclusively for John Cooper Works models; Sport Stripes in white, black or red are optional.
- Special John Cooper Works cockpit design with sports seats, sports steering wheel, interior trim strips in Piano Black, anthracite-coloured roof liner and dark speedometer and rev counter dials; John Cooper Works door sills; optional: sports seats with Lounge Leather trim in Carbon Black Championship Red, interior trim strips in Chili Red.
- First John Cooper Works model with four doors and a large tailgate; rear compartment can be ordered with either a seat bench for three passengers or a pair of individual seats; rear seats slide fore and aft in a 60 : 40 split (with three-seat bench specified) or individually; backrests can be adjusted for tilt or folded down; boot capacity: 350 – 1,170 litres.
- High-quality standard equipment includes the MINI Centre Rail, air conditioning and the radio MINI Boost CD; variety of individualisation options and comfort-enhancing features, such as xenon Adaptive Headlights, Comfort Access, automatically dimming rear-view mirror and exterior mirrors, electrically operated tilting/sliding glass sunroof, Park Distance Control, harman/kardon hi-fi loudspeaker system, MINI navigation system; range of MINI Connected functions include web radio, in-car use of Facebook and Twitter, Dynamic Music, Driving Excitement, Mission Control and the MINIMALISM Analyser.
- Technical specifications and performance:
MINI John Cooper Works Countryman: Four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger, direct injection and fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology. Displacement: 1,598 cc, output: 160 kW at 6,000 rpm, max. torque: 280 Nm at 1,900 – 5,000 rpm (with overboost: 300 Nm at 2,100 – 4,500 rpm).
Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h: 7.0 seconds, top speed: 225 km/h (automatic: 223 km/h).
Average fuel consumption according to EU: 7.4 litres per 100 kilometres (7.9 l/100 km), CO2 emissions: 172 g/km (184 g/km).
- Exterior dimensions:
- Length: 4,133 millimetres
- Width: 1,789 millimetres
- Height: 1,549 millimetres
- Wheelbase: 2,596 millimetres