Mercedes-Benz SA promises to generate excitement
Johannesburg International Motor Show Johannesburg Expo Centre, 6 - 16 October 2011
Mercedes-Benz SA promises to generate excitement at the
with the latest mobility concepts
- Innovative technology focused on respecting the environment
- Exceptional vehicles aim to satisfy customer expectations
Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) will have an exciting and dominant presence at the Johannesburg International Motor Show in October, as it showcases exhilarating high-performance passenger cars and state-of the-art trucks, vans and buses.
As a leader in many of the vehicle market segments, and as a local manufacturer for 63 years, Mercedes-Benz South Africa will continue to give the South African motoring public an amazing array of world-class mobility options. It will entice visitors with its exciting and technologically advanced vehicles; innovative finance, insurance and fleet options; as well as its outstanding service and affordable parts supply solutions.
Following the claim of ‘inventor of the automobile’ 125 years ago, the company will demonstrate its commitment to exceptional vehicle performance combined with cleaner technology that is kinder to the environment, while simultaneously offering a wide motoring audience a vehicle suited exactly to each individual’s needs.
The company’s brand displays will be integrated into consolidated show stands for both passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The massive MBSA stands will again be the largest since the inception of the local forerunner exhibition, Auto Africa, in 1998.
The finest cars of impeccable quality have been carefully selected to ensure that each model is offered to the public in a manner designed to demonstrate its remarkable attributes. The company plans to substantiate its leadership in keeping the ‘engines of the economy’ running on multiple commercial vehicle wheels, as well as in the private and public transport sectors.
To whet visitors’ appetite, here is a peek into what will be on display.
Mercedes-Benz Cars exhibition in Hall 6:
- The high-performance, heart-stopping Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster is sure to enthral. This ‘masterpiece’ puts out a massive 420 kW at 6 800 rpm, accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in a mere 3.8 seconds, and can reach a top speed of 317 km/h (electronically limited). The Johannesburg Motor Show will be the first public viewing of this exciting V8 powerhouse.
- The most successful Mercedes-Benz in the brand’s history, the C-Class, has sold over 8.5 million sedans and estates since its original introduction in 1982. In South Africa the Mercedes-Benz C-Class is the cornerstone of the local company’s export programme to the United States, where it has consistently secured the top J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study awards, taking a gold award in 2009 and 2011 and the coveted Platinum Award for the single best plant in the world supplying new cars to the US, in 2010. The current W203 model has sold around 1.2 million. The latest new generation C-Class launched in South Africa in July this year is bound to add to this remarkable tally.
- The new C-Class coupé launched on 01 August puts the panache back into the two-door sedan market with all the progressive technology of the C-Class combined with the sportiness of a compact coupé.
- Following the alternative-drive concept, Mercedes-Benz will present the Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL model used in the recent “World Drive Tour” to unequivocally prove the everyday usability of Mercedes-Benz’ fuel-cell technology.
- The showstopper, the Concept A-Class, is bound to be the overall star of the Johannesburg Motor Show. This is a futuristic car with very expressive design and styling to symbolise concentrated dynamism. The technical highlights include a new, turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, dual clutch transmission and a radar-based collision warning system with Adaptive Brake Assist.
- smart remains the car with the lowest CO2 emissions ever. To display the brand’s total environmental commitment MBSA will feature the smart MHD (micro-hybrid drive) in tandem with the smart ebike, which provides emission-free electric mobility on two wheels.
As is evident from the abovementioned, MBSA is the largest exhibitor as a group at the 2011 Johannesburg International Motor Show with its the vast array of vehicles representing both commercial vehicles, vans and buses; from the smallest smart car to executive passenger cars, as well a finance and insurance and fleet management solutions.
Although constructed under the overall Mercedes-Benz South Africa banner, each display, with its own particular ‘visual hook’ clearly defines every marque’s distinctive attributes.
As exciting as the show will be for the enthusiast and the family, so too the show provides an ideal opportunity to promote automotive trade opportunities and a chance to engage in one-on-one networking and business-building opportunities with local companies.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry