- Comprehensive standard equipment
- Individual equipment and appointment packages
- Attractive paint finishes and high-quality interiors
- Three models available at market launch:
- GL 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC, GL 500 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY
and GL 63 AMG
The optional equipment, which can be selected together with different paint finishes and many interior design options offer a rich variety of possibilities. In short, every customer can customise the GL-Class to meet their own personal requirements and needs.
In addition to the standard single-tone paintwork in calcite white or black, the GL-Class may be ordered in the following optional metallic paint finishes: cavansite blue, iridium silver, obsidian black, citrine brown, cinnabarite red and tenorite grey. The special diamond white metallic BRIGHT metallic paint finish is also a new addition to the wide range of available colours.
The interior of the GL-Class features high-quality leather upholstery as standard, available in alpaca grey, almond beige or black. Also available are: single-tone leather upholstery in alpaca grey, almond beige or black as well as multi-coloured interiors in black/alpaca grey, black/almond beige and black/tobacco brown/maroon. Exclusively available for the GL 63 AMG are designo leather in exclusive maroon, porcelain or black variants of exceptionally high quality with intricate topstitching in a diamond-shaped pattern on the seats and door centre panels, leather covers on the dashboard and upper door panels, black DINAMICA roof lining, special floormats with leather edging and designo metal badges typical for this appointment level.
A 12-button multifunction steering wheel is standard. The piano lacquered wood/leather steering wheel enhances the designo trim line package in combination with the designo black piano lacquered trim elements. The trim elements are also available in brown open-pore ash wood (GL 500 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY) or brown high-gloss eucalyptus wood (GL 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC), or optional dark graphite poplar or burr walnut. Bright crystalline trim elements in aluminium provide an especially sporty feel.
Further highlights of the completely redesigned interior include the centre colour display in the instrument cluster with photo-realistic displays, 3-tone indirect ambient lighting or the optionally available climate controlled multi-contour seats. The seat climate control system is much more effective thanks to the reversing seat cooling function within the first five minutes. The new standard electric EASY-ENTRY system in the rear compartment of the GL-Class is also impressive: at the press of a button – from both the centre and rear rows of seats – the centre seats on the driver’s and front passenger sides fold, offering a comfortable entry and exit from the vehicle.
Concert hall acoustics and individualised climate comfort
The standard 3-zone THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control system in the GL range provides superior, sophisticated control of the interior climate. The system includes temperature control for the driver, front passenger and rear passengers, residual heat mode, combined dust and activated charcoal filter, separate air distribution control for the driver/front passenger and rear compartment, individual FOCUS, MEDIUM and DIFFUSE air conditioning modes, an air quality and dew point sensor, a control unit in the rear compartment with temperature control, additional air vents on the B-pillars and a booster blower for rear-compartment ventilation.
For the first time, the GL-Class is ready for the internet thanks to the COMAND Online multimedia system. The system includes rapid hard disk navigation with a high resolution 17.8 cm colour display, topographical as well as 3D map display, route recording as well as departure from pre-defined routes, storage, option to use the integrated Mercedes-Benz Apps freely as well as to view internet pages, LINGUATRONIC voice control system, Bluetooth® interface with hands-free function and streaming audio for playback of music, telephone keypad, CD/DVD drive, USB interface and AUX-IN jack in the centre armrest, slot for SDHC memory cards, 10 GB internal storage (Music Register) for compressed audio files (mp3, wma, aac), CD cover display, DVD audio/video and Picture Viewer.
COMAND Online is a standard feature with a 6-disc DVD changer. The audio experience in the GL 63 AMG is particularly impressive with the optional Bang & Olufsen BeoSound AMG High-End Surround Sound System featuring an overall system output of 1,200 watts and 14 high-end loudspeakers. Passengers in the centre seats can enjoy the best entertainment using the rear seat entertainment system with two 20.3 cm displays behind the front head restraints, a DVD player, two sets of headphones and a remote control.
Convenience standard features
- ON&OFFROAD package including drive program switch with six drive programs and animation on the COMAND display, manual mode for automatic transmission, 100% centre differential lock, front and rear axles with adapted 4ETS, off-road reduction ratio due to additional reduction gear (low range), under-body protection under engine, reinforced under-floor panelling, special off-road algorithms for ABS, ETS, ESP© and AIRMATIC ADS with three different increasing levels of air suspension, off-road lighting with the standard Intelligent Light System
- Anti-theft protection package including anti-theft alarm system with protection and interior monitoring system
- Mirror package including automatically dimming interior mirror and exterior mirror on driver’s side as well as electrically folding exterior mirrors on left and right
- Lane Tracking package including Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist
- Media Interface universal interface in the glove compartment for various mobile audio devices (e.g. iPod), including consumer cable set consisting of USB, iPod and AUX-IN cables
- COMAND Online APS with integral DVD changer
- designo exclusive package (Available only for GL 63 AMG – standard)
- Optionally available in maroon, black or porcelain
- Seats, door centre panels, armrests in doors and on the centre console as well as hand rest in single-tone designo leather
- designo-specific topstitching in a diamond-shaped pattern
- Instrument panel and shoulder-line trim in the doors in black designo leather (if trim is designo maroon, the instrument panel is maroon)
- Black DINAMICA roof lining
- designo floor mats with designo black leather edging and designo metal badges
Attractive equipment and appointments packages available upon customer request
- AMG Exterior Sports package: (GL 350 BlueTEC/ GL 500 BlueEFFICIENCY – R39 000 )
- AMG bodystyling, front and rear apron in body colour
- AMG wing extensions
- Illuminated side running boards in aluminium finish with rubber studs
- AMG 53.3 cm (21-inch) 5-twin-spoke light alloy wheels with 295/40 R 21 tyres
- Sports brakes with perforated 48.3 cm (19-inch) brake discs
- Brake calliper covers with Mercedes-Benz lettering
- Driving assistance package Plus (R26 200)
including DISTRONIC PLUS, PRE-SAFE® Brake, Brake Assist (BAS PLUS), automatic child seat recognition, Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist
Night View Assist Plus with automatic person recognition (R12 100)
Parking package with 360° camera including Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC (R14 500)
Bang & Olufsen BeoSound AMG High-End Surround Sound System (R45 300 – only available for G 63 AMG only)
with an overall system output of 1,200 watts and 14 high-end loudspeakers, two “Acoustic Lens Technology” tweeters with LED lighting in the front mirror triangles, silver chrome aluminium loudspeaker covers on midrange/ woofer speakers in the front doors as well as for the woofers B&O-specific True Image™ COMAND menu for individual sound tuning in the rear
The best in information and entertainment: optional infotainment systems
In addition to systems described, such as COMAND Online, further features available include the following:
- Rear Seat Entertainment system (R25 200)
including two 20.3 cm displays integrated in the front head restraints, DVD player, two sets of headphones and remote control
- Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system (GL 350 BlueTEC R9 100 – standard on GL 500 BlueEFFICIENCY and GL 63 AMG)
including 11-channel DSP amplifier with a total output of 830 watts in conjunction with 14 high-performance loudspeakers, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS listening experience possible if used with COMAND Online