Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake: Model Range
Exclusive and individual
Stylish sportiness is a defining feature of the CLS Shooting Brake. This is underscored by three engines with six and eight cylinders and numerous individualisation options.
The CLS Shooting Brake is available with petrol engines covering a power output range from 150 kW to 410 kW (see section "The drive"). Standard features include the EASY-PACK tailgate with electric opening and closing and the EASY-PACK quickfold luggage compartment system with split-folding rear seat backrests. This system offers convenient operation from the luggage compartment.
The luggage compartment is fitted out with high-quality carpeting. In conjunction with PASSION Exclusive leather appointments the hand-sewn material is also incorporated in the sideliners. Designer aluminium rails are optionally available for an exclusive look. An extravagant touch is the optional designo wood luggage compartment floor (see "Close up"), which highlights the interior's hand-crafted character.
In conjunction with COMAND Online and reversing camera, a special camera resolution and an additional guide line are available to help the driver hook up a trailer without any assistance. The optional EASY Pack Fixkit luggage compartment management system comprises load securing rails, fixing elements, a telescopic rod, rear sill protector and retractable belt.
A total of 12 different exterior colours can be combined with the five interior colours – black, reef grey, Sahara beige, Sunset red and black/porcelain. The choice of different leather qualities comprises leather (nappa leather) for the CLS 350 and CLS 500 BlueEFFICIENCY Shooting Brake models and PASSION leather for the CLS 63 AMG Shooting Brake (fine, semi-aniline leather). Five different finishes are available for the trim elements – high-gloss brown burr walnut, satin-finish light brown poplar, high-gloss black ash, black piano lacquer and carbon fibre/piano lacquer.
Numerous optional items enable individualisation of the CLS Shooting Brake, including active multi-contour seats, heated multifunction steering wheel and numerous assistance systems including Active Blind Spot Assist and Active Lane Keeping Assist with braking intervention (see "Active safety" section). Standard features include KEYLESS-GO, reversing camera, LED Intelligent light system and LED-daytime driving lights.
Mercedes-Benz has additionally put together three packages combining optional features.
- The AMG Sports package comprises a 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather with a flattened bottom section, sports pedals in brushed stainless steel, AMG front and rear apron, 18" light-alloy wheels, floor mats with AMG lettering and, in combination with black leather seats, light lap seams on seats, head restraints and armrests. A further feature is the twin-pipe exhaust system with square tailpipe trims in polished stainless steel integrated in the bumper. With the AMG Sports package, the automatic transmission incorporates an additional third shift programme – M –, which enables manual gear-shifting using paddles on the steering wheel. In addition, the DIRECT CONTROL suspension features sportier tuning with this package.
For the CLS 63 AMG Shooting Brake, the "Edition 1" is limited to a period of six months. It comes with a 24 kW increase in power and 100 Nm more torque, which means that the Edition 1 boasts performance figures of 410 kW and 800 Nm. There is a choice of "designo platinum white pearl" upholstery with designo velour floor mats featuring matching edging or alternatively single-tone Exclusive Passion leather upholstery in black, including instrument panel and beltline in nappa leather and designo velour floor mats with designo metal badge. AMG carbon-fibre/black piano lacquer trim and a designo roof liner in black DINAMICA microfibre are also included. All Mercedes-Benz metallic paint finishes and the designo mocha black, graphite and mystic blue paint finishes are available.
AMG Performance Studio for greater driving dynamics and exclusivity
Optional equipment and appointments from the AMG Performance Studio serve to create an even more dynamic and exclusive CLS 63 AMG Shooting Brake:
- AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre package
- AMG trim elements in carbon fibre/black piano lacquer
- AMG ceramic high-performance composite braking system
- AMG rear-axle differential lock
- White illuminated AMG door sill panels at the front
- Lightweight forged AMG light-alloy wheels featuring a twin-spoke design, painted in titanium grey with a high-sheen finish, with size 255/35 R 19 tyres at the front and size 285/30 R 19 at the rear
- AMG Driver’s package (Vmax increased to 300 km/h)