Megane II Renault Sport The Performance enthusiast
To celebrate the success of Renault in both the 2005 Constructors' and Drivers' Formula 1 World Championship titles, the Limited Edition "Renault F1 Team" version of Mégane Renault Sport lines up alongside the 165kW 5-Door version in the 2006 range.
Fitted with the acclaimed "Cup Chassis" to re-inforce cornering performance and dynamic rigidity and clothed in the new aggressive yet sleek bodywork of Mégane Renault Sport 2006, the Renault F1 Team version clearly has the means to deliver what it promises.
Performance is inherent in its genes. Shod with distinctive lightweight 18" anthracite spoked alloys, the Renault F1 Team version can easily be distinguished from its stable mates thanks to Renault F1 Team detailing on the front and rear bumpers and sides, and an interior of similar intent.
The Renault F1 Team also features lightweight Recaro seats as well as climate control, cruise control with speed limiter and a CD front loader MP3 player. Only 1 450 units are being produced worldwide, with about 140 units to be made available in South Africa. Each Limited Edition Renault F1 Team has an individually numbered plaque, adding further to its unique status.
The Renault F1 Team features the race-bred Power Start launch control system. This feature, unique to the Limited Edition, allows an optimum amount of traction and power to be transmitted to the road from a starting position without having to lift the throttle, thanks to a fine-tuning of the Electronic Stability Control (ESP) and Traction Control (TC) systems.
On most ESP/TC systems, lifting the clutch at high revs automatically limits the engine torque to prevent wheelspin causing the engine to 'bog down'. The new Traction Control System programmes the system to recognise when the driver demands a performance start.
Safety & Security Equipment
- ABS with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) with CSV Understeer Control & ASR Traction Control
- Driver's two stage adaptive airbag
- Front passenger's two stage adaptive airbag
- Front/rear curtain airbags
- R.A.I.D. (Renault Anti Intruder Device)
Additional Equipment on Mégane Sport "Renault F1 Team"
- Recaro Seats (blue / black SCOTEC)
- Cup Chassis
- 18" Lightweight Anthracite alloy wheels
- Black gloss coloured door mirror housings
- Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres 235/40 R18
- Drilled front and rear brake discs
- Uprated front and rear spring rates (25% front and 77% rear)
- Re-tuned front / rear damper settings
- Increased brake master cylinder diameter
- Blue-stitch detailing on steering wheel, gear knob and gaitor
- Numbered Renault F1 Team Plaque
- Renault F1 Team detailing on front and rear bumpers
- 18" Alloy Wheels
- Smart "Flat-blade" windscreen wipers
- Front fog lamps
- Chrome double outlet exhaust
- Headlamp washers
- Double Optic automatic headlamps with "see me home" function
- Automatic windscreen wipers
- Automatic headlights
- Satin chrome door handles
- Fuel Flap With Integrated Fuel Cap
- 60:40 Split/Folding Rear Seats
- Fully adjustable front headrests
- Climate control
- CD front loader MP3 player
- Leather steering wheel and gear knob
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Keyless car with Renault Card
- Electric Front Windows (One Touch)
- Height & Reach Adjustable Steering Wheel
- Multi-Function trip Computer & warning system (including outside temperature gauge)
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry