- Land Rover is official vehicle supplier of Equestrian Team GBR: which includes the silver medal winning Eventing team and gold medal winning Show Jumping and Dressage teams
- Second year of Land Rover supplying vehicles to the British Equestrian Federation: the recognised governing body of horse sports in the UK, however Land Rover’s involvement with British Eventing dates back to 2007
- Eighth year of Land Rover sponsoring the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials: title sponsorship since 2005, but close association with the prestigious sporting event dates back to the early 1990s
- Marco Pierre White judging the ‘Land Rover Perfect Tailgate Picnic’ competition: on Saturday 1st September, open to all picnics held at the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials
- More than 70 Land Rover vehicles in action over the four day event: full fleet of support vehicles for competition officials, veterinary teams and competitors
Whitley, Coventry, 16 August 2012 – Visitors of the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials, taking place from August 30th – September 2nd 2012, will be fortunate enough to see first-hand members of the medal winning British Eventing team, as they compete at their first international, four-star, three-day event since their fantastic performance this summer, vying for the Land Rover Perpetual Challenge Trophy and first prize of £55,000.
Land Rover’s presence this year will include a vehicle range display, a dedicated Land Rover Owners’ Car Park, Land Rover Lawn, where customers can visit for complimentary refreshments on display of their key fob, and Land Rover Experience – displaying the purpose built off-road course in its most extreme form, providing a taste of legendary Land Rover off-road performance with passenger rides. On Saturday 1st September world renowned chef Marco Pierre White will be joining Land Rover to judge a competition to find the perfect tailgate picnic. Visitors of Burghley can enter by tweeting pictures of their picnics in full flow taking place on Saturday 1st September.
Land Rover will also be supporting the event with more than 70 vehicles, ensuring that competitors, medical teams, fence judges and competition officials all benefit from the event vehicles, which will also form part of the specially designed feature fences on the Cross Country course.
Jeremy Hicks,Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover UKsaid: “We are very excited to be here at the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials for the eight consecutive year, not only celebrating the great relationship we have with Burghley, but drawing a close to what has been an incredible summer for the British Eventing team. From our partnership with the British Equestrian Federation we see first-
hand the commitment and enthusiasm these riders have for the sport, and to finally see their perseverance pay-off with medal winning finishes and the support of the entire country, is sensational.
“This year’s event will be fundamental for Land Rover as it will see the UK reveal of two of our most significant products, 13 model year Freelander 2 and 13 model year Defender. We have chosen Burghley for these two important reveals as the event provides us with a fantastic setting to showcase key aspects or our brand to thousands of people, and perfectly demonstrates our on-going commitment to equestrian sport and countryside pursuits.”
Burghley visitors and enthusiasts can keep up to date with all the latest daily news and action from this year’s competition via the dedicated YouTube video reports at:
as well as via Twitter and Facebook.