KTM RIDERS WELL PLACED AFTER DAKAR 2013 FIRST DAY
Red Bull KTM factory riders completed Stage One of the 2013 Dakar rally on Saturday with a short timed special of just 13 km in a loop around Pisco, Peru after completing the 250 km liaison ride along the coast for the official start in the capital of Lima.
The top 32 riders were all within a minute of the leader Chaleco Lopez of Chile riding a KTM with Cyril Despres, KTM’s title defender in fifth place just 13 seconds behind. KTM Factory rider Kurt Caselli (USA), who is standing in for the injured Marc Coma finished at thirty second place in the field of 180 bikes, of which 178 were at the finish line. He trailed the leader by just one minute. The Orange factory riders are competing on the KTM 450 Rally bike
KTM team manager Alex Doringer said he had instructed his riders to take no risks in what was largely a ceremonial start to the grueling 8000 km plus rally that takes competitors on a north-south trajectory from Lima into Argentina and Chile to finish on January 20.
“I am happy with the riders,” Doringer said. “I just wanted them to take it easy and find their rhythm. The serious business starts tomorrow.”
On Sunday riders face another loop from and around Pisco but this time there will be 242 km of timed special and just 85 km of liaison and this will represent the first real shakeout of the 2013 edition. Organizers have promised tough going and plenty of challenges in the first half of the rally this year.
DAKAR 2013 Rally Results Stage One – Prologue
Lima to Pisco– total distance 263 km: 250 km liaison and 13 km special
- Chaleco Lopez, Chile, KTM, 7 minutes 51 seconds
- Frans Verhoeven, Netherlands, Yamaha at 00:00:01
- Pablo Qintanilla, Chile, Honda at 00:00:05
- Patricio Cabrera, Chile, Kawasaki at 00:00:11
- Cyril Despres, France, KTM at 00:00:13
- David Casteu, France, Yamaha at 00:00:15
- Ruben Faria, Portugal, KTM at 00:00:19
- Javier Pizzolito, Argentina, Honda at 00:00:21
- Pal-Anders Ullevalseter, Norway, KTM at 00:00:26
- Joan Barreda Bort, Spain, Husqvarna at 00:00:29
Other KTM DAKAR RALLY 2013 Results
- 12, Kuba Przygonski, Poland, KTM at 00:00: 30
- 15, Riaan Van Niekerk, South Africa, KTM at 00:00:33
- 16, Stefan Svitko, Slovakia, KTM at 00:00:34
- 18, Henk Knuiman, Netherlands, KTM at 00:00:40
- 26, Darryl Curtis, South Africa, KTM at 00:00:47
- 32, Kurt Caselli, USA, KTM at 00:01:00
- 42, Joan Pedrero, Spain, KTM at 00:01:09
- 43, Stanley Watt, UK, KTM at 00:01.09
- 47, Ben Grabham, Australia, KTM at 00:01.15
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry