New Jaguar UK ambassador José Mourinho will be the first customer to take delivery of the new F-TYPE Coupé in March 2014
- Mourinho will join Jaguar Land Rover UK Managing Director and Jaguar Design Director at the official UK launch event for new F-TYPE Coupé in London on 13 February
- Jaguar reveals excellent Residual Value (RV) ratings for F-TYPE Coupé
- New Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé advertisement featuring Sir Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong to be broadcast in UK from April
(Whitley, Coventry – 12 February 2014). The official UK launch of the new Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé will take place tomorrow evening at Eastwinter Garden in Canary Wharf, London. At the event hosted by Jaguar Land Rover Managing Director Jeremy Hicks, an audience including prospective customers, Jaguar brand ambassadors and British media will see the stunning new sports car from Jaguar presented by Design Director Ian Callum. An additional highlight of the evening will be the appearance of new Jaguar ambassador José Mourinho. José will be the first customer in the UK to receive a new F-TYPE Coupé when deliveries begin late in March this year.
Jaguar Land Rover UK Managing Director Jeremy Hicks said: “I am really excited to be officially presenting the new F-TYPE Coupé in the UK for the first time. This sports car is as important to the Jaguar brand as it is spectacular to drive.
“Jaguar is a brand with great momentum, launching many exciting new products. We are developing a new advanced aluminum architecture that will be the basis of a range of highly efficient, yet high performance sports and luxury Jaguar cars in future. We now employ more than 26,000 people in the UK across Jaguar Land Rover. These are all positive signs for our business, our people and our customers.
“With the F-TYPE Coupé, our designers and engineers have created the ultimate expression of Jaguar DNA; beautiful design combined with immense dynamic performance. I am sure all our customers will be as excited as our new ambassador José Mourinho at the prospect of driving the new F-TYPE Coupé.”
The F-TYPE Coupé UK debut will open with an exclusive screening of the dramatic new Jaguar ‘Rendezvous’ advert, directed by Oscar-winner Tom Hooper and starring Sir Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong. The advert is the latest offering in Jaguar’s ‘British Villains’ campaign which began with the introduction of the F-TYPE Coupé in November 2013, and made its world premiere during the coveted advertising slot in the Super Bowl XLVIII North America broadcast interval. Having now received more than 11 million views online, the advertisement will hit television screens in the UK for the first time in April.
Jaguar announces positive Residual Value ratings for F-TYPE Coupé
In addition to the compelling performance and technical specification offered in all derivatives of the new F-TYPE Coupé, Jaguar today announces excellent Residual Value ratings by industry experts CAP Automotive for its newest sports car – particularly when measured against its established competitor models.*
Jaguar Land Rover UK Managing Director Jeremy Hicks said: “The confidence CAP Automotive has shown in the ownership proposition offered by the F-TYPE Coupé is great news to our dealers and our customers. It is also a clear sign that we are making great progress against our competitors.”
Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé product highlights
- The new F-TYPE Coupé is the most dynamically capable, performance-focused, production Jaguar ever
- The model line-up is headlined by the F-TYPE R Coupé, its 550PS/680Nm 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine enabling acceleration from 0-60mph in 4.0-seconds, and a top speed of 186mph (limited)
- The F-TYPE R Coupé features Jaguar’s second-generation Electronic Active Differential which works in parallel with a new Torque Vectoring by braking system to deliver enhanced agility and exploitable handling at the limit
- F-TYPE Coupé builds on Jaguar’s industry-leading expertise in aluminium delivering torsional rigidity of 33,000 Nm/degree – it is the most torsionally rigid production Jaguar ever
- The all-aluminium F-TYPE Coupé embodies the uncompromised design vision of the award-winning C-X16 concept
- F-TYPE S Coupé and F-TYPE Coupé models complete the range, powered respectively by 380PS and 340PS versions of Jaguar’s 3.0-litre supercharged V6 engine, giving 0-60mph in 4.8/5.1-seconds and top speeds of 171/161mph
- A Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) braking system – featuring 398/380mm discs front/rear – is optional on both F-TYPE R and F-TYPE S Coupé models
- All engines drive the rear wheels through an eight-speed ‘Quickshift’ transmission with full manual sequential control via steering wheel-mounted paddles or the central SportShift lever
- The F-TYPE Coupé has up to 407-litres* of boot space – easily accommodating two sets of golf clubs – the tailgate being available with power assisted opening
- The F-TYPE Coupé range complements the existing 2013 ‘World Car Design of the Year’ award-winning F-TYPE Convertible model line-up of F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and F-TYPE V8
*Residual Values after 36 months/30,000 miles:
- 50 per cent on F-TYPE S Coupé (Porsche 911 S PDK rated at 48 per cent)
- 48 per cent on F-TYPE R Coupé (Porsche 911 Turbo rated at 45 per cent)
Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé product overview
The F-TYPE Coupé is the most dynamically capable, performance-focused production Jaguar ever, with a model line-up headlined by the 5.0-litre V8 supercharged 542bhp F-TYPE R Coupé, which sprints to 60mph in 4.0-seconds and reaches a top speed of 186mph (limited). Priced from £51,235 for the 3.0-litre V6 supercharged 335bhp F-TYPE Coupé (0-60mph in 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 161mph), the F-TYPE Coupé S is £67,500 for the second V6 in the range, offering 375bhp (0-60mph in 4.8 seconds and a top speed of 171mph) and other specification enhancements and the F-TYPE R Coupé is £85,000.
Embodying the uncompromised design vision of the stunning Jaguar C-X16 concept sports coupé that debuted at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, the F-TYPE Coupé’s dramatic cabin-rearward stance is defined by three heartlines. The first two – shared with F-TYPE Convertible – form the muscular front and rear wings, the third heartline being the sweeping Coupé roof profile which provides an unbroken silhouette while emphasising the visual drama of the tapered cabin sitting between powerful rear haunches.
Jaguar’s expertise in aluminium technology has enabled the design vision for the F-TYPE Coupé to be delivered in a lightweight yet extremely strong bodyshell. Torsional rigidity for all F-TYPE Coupé variants is 33,000 Nm/degree – greater than in any previous production Jaguar – this rigidity providing the basis for excellent dynamic attributes.
The F-TYPE Coupé’s body side is made from a single piece aluminium pressing, probably the most extreme cold-formed aluminium body side in the automotive industry, eliminating the requirement for multiple panels and cosmetic joints. The roof panel itself is available in either aluminium or panoramic glass form. A deployable rear spoiler sits within the tapered shut-line of the F-TYPE Coupé, while slim, wrap-around LED lamps flank a beautifully engineered tailgate, with optional powered open/close functionality.
To deliver assured, progressive handling in line with its 550PS output, the range-topping F-TYPE R Coupé features a bespoke suspension set-up and new dynamic technologies. These include a second-generation Electronic Active Differential (EAD) and – for the first time on a Jaguar – Torque Vectoring by braking, these systems working in parallel to provide immediacy of response and exploitable handling. The EAD system automatically redistributes engine torque between the rear wheels to ensure excellent on-the-limit control, while Torque Vectoring by braking intelligently applies precisely metered braking force to the inner wheels as necessary during cornering to enhance agility. Sports suspension with Adaptive Dynamics damping and Configurable Dynamic Mode further enhance the F-TYPE R’s immediacy of response, providing an exhilarating and involving driving experience.
F-TYPE R and F-TYPE S Coupé models also have the option of Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) brakes which offer absolute consistency of performance and excellent fade resistance, as well as a total unsprung-weight saving of 21kg.
Every F-TYPE Coupé model utilises Jaguar’s eight-speed close-ratio Quickshift transmission which is optimised for sporting performance, with full manual sequential control from the central SportShift selector or steering wheel-mounted paddles.