Jeep Wrangler Conservation Edition
Midrand - Chrysler South Africa (Pty) Ltd.’s Jeep division presents the Jeep Wrangler Conservation Edition “buzz” model, a further extension of the highly successful Wrangler range for the South African market.
Based on the Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Sahara models, the Conservation Edition vehicles have been built in limited numbers in conjunction with the Reserve Protection Agency (RPA), a non-profit and public benefit organization at the forefront of the protection of South Africa’s endangered wildlife species, specifically focusing on protecting our diminishing rhino population.
Powered by either the award winning 3.6l V6 Pentastar petrol engine or the frugal 2.8l Common Rail diesel engine, the Jeep Wrangler Conservation Edition aims to raise further awareness of the plight of our endangered species countrywide and, thanks to its unique livery, stands out from the crowd with an assortment of additional extras.
In addition to purchasing the finest Go Anywhere, Do Anything vehicle on the market, all buyers of the Conservation Edition will receive
- Mopar Light bar with 4 spot lights, Mopar fuel filler cap, Mopar tail light guards
- Unique and eye-catching Conservation Edition decaling
- Two nights for two guests at any SAN Parks (value varies based on park, availability and timing)
- Big Five Bracelet from The Bead Coalition (includes Jeep and RPA Branding on packaging)
- Exclusive Access to JeepRPA.com Owners section, including RPA Jeep Cam and other exciting efforts
- Voucher for Jeep Apparel / Merchandising from any Jeep Store to the value of R3,000.00
- A copy of the “Jeep Off Road Essentials” hand-book
Furthermore, five lucky buyers of the Conservation Edition stand a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime five-day adventure for two guests with the RPA team at Amakhala Game Reserve (courtesy of Lion Roars) in the Eastern Cape*.
The adventure includes:
- Five day / four night stay at Amakhala (Valued at over R32,000)
- RPA 4x4 Ranger Training Course (valued at over R1,500)
- Basic Course Designed for personnel who operate vehicles in game reserves
- will include familiarization and opportunity to operate own Conservation Edition Vehicle on-course
- Utilization of the state-of-the-art Jeep J8 Military spec vehicle
- RPA Operations Overview (valued at over R5,000)
- Meet the RPA team
- Hands-on review of RPA Technology including aerial drone demonstrations
- Select members given opportunity to fly in gyrocopter, pilot a UAV, experience an animal procedure, track animals, etc. (varies due to availability)
*Travel costs are for the winner’s account. T’s & C’s Apply.
In addition to the above, Jeep will contribute R10,000 per vehicle sold to the RPA Public Benefit Organisation.
The Reserve Protection Agency is a progressive conservation non-profit and public benefit organization dedicated to protecting and preserving South Africa’s threatened ecosystems. RPA’s strength comes from the expertise it maintains and the strategic partnerships it forms. RPA strives to link international subject matter experts from all sectors of life that can assist with global biodiversity preservation. Consisting of a diverse team with great experience, RPA continues to build relationships with experts from other sectors to strengthen the revolutionary solution to ecological threats.
RPA’s alliance with the Jeep brand dates back to 2012 when the current partnership was formed. Since then, RPA’s distinctive and eye-catching branded Jeep Wrangler vehicles have become a familiar site on our roads, and probably a less than welcome site (for poachers) in the country’s game reserves where they have been put to good use in the fight against animal poaching.
All Jeep brand vehicles are sold through 45 dealerships nation-wide. The Jeep Wrangler, Wrangler Unlimited, Compass and Patriot, and the soon-to-be-released new Cherokee, are all sold with a 3 year / 100,000 km warranty and maintenance plan. The flagship Jeep Grand Cherokee is sold with a class-leading 6 year / 100,000 km warranty and maintenance plan.