- FRAME, SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- CONNECTIVITY & INFOTAINMENT
- JEEP CHEROKEE & MOPAR®
- JEEP CHEROKEE PRICING AND LINEUP
Jeep Cherokee Overview
- ®Cherokee: innovation and freedom outline the future of the brand
- New exterior and interior design Significant industry firsts in its segment: first mid-size SUV with nine-speed automatic transmission and rear-axle disconnect
- New front-wheel drive configuration and two innovative four-wheel drive systems: Jeep® Active Drive I and Jeep® Active Drive Lock with locking rear differential
- 6 Pentastar engine producing 200kW and 315 Nm of torque or alternatively a 2.4l Tigershark MultiAir I-4 engine producing 130kW and 229 Nm of torque powers the Cherokee range
- Exclusive technological contents: available new Wireless Charging Pad, full-colour 7-inch reconfigurable TFT instrument cluster and UConnect with 8.4-inch colour touchscreen
- ‘Best in class’ safety: Euro NCAP’s five-star achiever and safest SUV in its category thanks to more than 70 safety and security systems including Rollover Mitigation (ERM), ABS with off-road calibration, Forward Collision Warning with Crash Mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop&Go, Lanesense Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection
- A choice of three trim levels: Longitude, Limited and Trailhawk
- Jeep Cherokee & Mopar: more than 100 accessories available for the new generation of the Jeep mid-size Sport Utility Vehicle.
Jeep® Cherokee, the Jeep mid-size Sport Utility Vehicle, has evolved into a completely new vehicle fully expressing the brand’s core values of freedom, authenticity, adventure and passionand delivering to customers a fresh interpretation of the “Go anywhere, do anything” attitude of the legendary American brand.
With the introduction of the 1984 Jeep Cherokee, three decades ago, Jeep invented the mid-size SUV category. The all-new compact SUV of the Jeep brand was the first vehicle of its type and size and was so successful that it was quickly followed by a number of competitive vehicles. A major feature of the 1984 Jeep Cherokee was the all-new unibody frame that gave the vehicle superior rigidity with reduced weight and fuel consumption.
Today, the new generation Jeep Cherokee completely rethinks the category invented by Jeep 30 years ago and features a new sleek and athletic design, the first nine-speed automatic transmission in the mid-size SUV segment, enhanced on-road driving dynamics and handling, superior Jeep 4×4 capability, premium interior craftsmanship, innovative technology, new levels of efficiency, entertainment and comfort and ‘five-star’ safety and security features that recently allowed the vehicle to earn the designation of ‘safest 2013 SUV’ in its category from Euro NCAP.
Engineered to excel on any and all terrains, the new Jeep Cherokee expresses the synthesis between stylistic innovation and family tradition, legendary 4×4 capability and technology: features that are fully embodied in the top of the range Limited model and in its alter ego, the ‘off-road’ specialist Trailhawk.
With a sleek and athletic exterior the new Jeep Cherokee remains true to the heritage of the brand while moving forward into the next era with a shape that is as efficient as the vehicle and maintains the DNA that makes it a true Jeep. The interior of the new Jeep Cherokee delivers craftsmanship, easy-to-operate technological contents and thoughtful, clever features.
Available in two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations, the new generation Jeep Cherokee is engineered to ensure benchmark on and off-road capabilities under all driving conditions. The new Jeep mid-size SUV offers a choice of two innovative four-wheel drive systems: Jeep® Active Drive I and Jeep® Active Drive Lock. Jeep® Active Drive I features a fully automatic, single power transfer unit (PTU) and delivers seamless operation in and out of four-wheel drive at any speed. Jeep® Active Drive Lock features a locking rear differential for superior low-speed power delivery.
This vehicle is also the first mid-size SUV to feature rear axle disconnect, resulting in reduced friction and energy loss when 4×4 capability isn’t required and ensuring improved fuel efficiency. The rear-axle disconnect, seamlessly switches between two-and four-wheel drive for full-time torque management without requiring input from the driver.
The new Jeep Cherokee lineup will be introduced in Jeep dealerships starting in June, in the Longitude, Limited and Trailhawk trim levels. The engine range comprises the new 3.2l l V-6 Pentastar petrol engine or the 2.4l Tigershark MultiAir L4, both of which are offered in combination with the all-new nine-speed automatic transmission.