- XJ from R843 100 thanks to the introduction of highly-efficient turbocharged Luxury derivative
- Smooth shifting, highly-evolved eight-speed transmission.
- Eager performance thanks to Jaguar’s lightweight aluminium construction
- Fuel consumption as low as 9.3 litres/100 km, and CO2 emissions of 216 grams per km
- Full infotainment system, plus navigation as standard
Wednesday 5th February 2014: Jaguar’s XJ range has been given a turbocharged boost into 2014 with the addition of the new Luxury model, a derivative designed to significantly broaden the appeal of the brand’s luxury saloon nameplate. It makes a tempting choice for those who may not have considered buying a full-sized super-luxury sedan in the past.
With 177kW and 340Nm of effortless urge, the XJ Luxury is able to more than satisfy the XJ nameplate’s credo of providing pace, along with the traditional virtues of grace and space – three qualities which has made it a consistent frontrunner in the super-executive segment since 1968. As well as performance (it is capable of reaching 100 km/h in 7.5 seconds and continuing on to 240 km/h), the Luxury more than satisfies the modern desire for high efficiency, and as such requires 9.3 litres of fuel per 100 km and emits a 216 grams of CO2.
The engine is ultra-efficient thanks to features such as a low inertia turbocharger and variable valve timing on both exhaust and inlet camshafts. As a result, torque remains at its peak figure all the way from 2 000 to 4 000 r/min.
The engine is mated to Jaguar’s proven eight-speed automatic gearbox which offers a broad spread of ratios for a perfectly balanced combination of smooth-shifting, economy and driver control. It is fitted with a final drive ratio specific to the characteristics of that engine.
The epitome of upper-class motoring, the Luxury model retains all the qualities which have made the letters XJ a synonym for comfort and refinement. For 2014 the entire range undergoes refinements, all appropriate for nameplate long associated with extraordinary luxury.
A significant change (optional on Luxury, Standard on Premium Luxury upwards) is soft-closing door technology, ensuring that doors are securely closed with minimal exertion and undue noise and heightening the impression of exclusivity. When the door is within approximately 6 mm of the lock, a sensor activates an electric motor which squeezes the door shut.
The 14MY XJ continues to offer Jaguar’s Intelligent Stop-Start system on all V-type petrol engines and uses a Twin Solenoid Starter (TSS) to shut down the engine when the car comes to a halt, and restart it in less time than it takes for the driver’s foot to move from the brake to the accelerator.
For those who want extra rear legroom, Jaguar offers a long-wheelbase version of the XJ. Few rear compartments can boast so much space and comfort and the 2014 model year headroom increases by 13 mm while the rear suspension settings have been optimised for more compliance, resulting in an even smoother ride. The stretched XJ can also be specified with a number of individual rear seat configurations, enabling owners to turn the rear compartment into an exclusive club, boardroom or lounge.
The 14MY XJ’s luxurious feel is underlined by the palette of materials used on the interior. This includes soft grain and semi-aniline leather, and a wide choice of veneers including Piano Black, Carbon Fibre, Gloss Burr Walnut and Satin Rosewood – the latter standard on the XJ Luxury. All XJ customers can choose from an exterior palette comprising 15 colours.
The multimedia system of the XJ Luxury comprises an 8-inch full colour display with controls for audio, navigation, Bluetooth® telephone connectivity with audio streaming, climate control, trip computer and other user settings.
Thanks to an appealing price point, combined with levels of comfort, performance and refinement appropriate for a car carrying an XJ badge on its rump and a Jaguar ‘growler’ on its grille, the talented newcomer provides access to a segment populated by the most luxurious cars in the world.
The new Jaguar XJ Luxury incorporates the following standard features:
- Adaptive Dynamics
- Trac DSC (Dynamic Stability Control with 3 setting levels)
- JaguarDrive Control™ (Normal / Winter / Dynamic Modes)
- Rear Air Suspension
- Headlamps – Xenon, with washers & front LED signature lights
- Rain Sensing Windscreen wipers
- Power Boot lid / Power Trunk lid (open & close) with customisable height adjustment
- Panoramic glass roof – tilt/slide front section with electric blinds
- JaguarSense™ – glove box and overhead light console
- Exterior mirrors – electric adjustment, heated, power-folding, auto-dimming with courtesy puddle lamps and memory function
- Steering column – electric adjustment for height and reach with entry and exit tilt-away
- Cruise Control with Automatic Speed Limiter (ASL)
- Dual Zone Climate control – automatic with air filtration, humidity sensing and dual zone temperature control for driver and front passenger
- Seat 2 – 8 x 8 way Standard seat – Electric driver’s/passenger’s adjustment Fore/Aft (2), Cushion Height (2), Squab Recline (2), Cushion tilt (2) with Heated front & Heated rear seats
- 5 year/100 000km Maintenance Plan