Jaguar F-Type unveiled to Celebrity Crowd in London
F-TYPE COUPÉ UNVEILED TO EXCLUSIVE LONDON AUDIENCE WITH JOSÉ MOURINHO
Natalie Pinkham comperes spectacular Jaguar launch event at East Winter Garden in Canary Wharf
- Example, Mistajam, Gary Lineker and Anthony Joshua MBE amongst VIP guests in audience of 600
- New Jaguar ambassador José Mourinho joins Jaguar Design Director Ian Callum and Jaguar Land Rover Managing Director Jeremy Hicks to present new British sports car
London, Friday 14th February 2014 - At an exclusive event in Canary Wharf, London, new Jaguar UK ambassador José Mourinho joined British stars of sport and music to celebrate the official UK launch of the Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé.
At the highly anticipated London event, hosted by Jaguar Land Rover UK Managing Director Jeremy Hicks, the stunning new sports car was presented to an audience of prospective customers, Jaguar brand Ambassadors and celebrity guests including Mourinho and Natalie Pinkham. Musicians Mistajam and Example were in attendance alongside Olympic Gold medal winner Anthony Joshua MBE and BBC sports presenter Gary Lineker.
During a staged interview on the evening, José was asked what his team thought of the new car, “How can this old man drive such a cool car,” he replied with a wry smile.
Asked about his own take on the car, he went on to say, “It drives like a great player because it does what I want it to do.”
The F-TYPE Coupé UK debut opened with an exclusive screening of the dramatic new Jaguar ‘Rendezvous’ advert, directed by Oscar-winner Tom Hooper and starring Sir Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong. The advert is the latest offering in Jaguar’s ‘British Villains’ campaign and made its world premiere during the coveted advertising slot in the Super Bowl XLVIII North America broadcast interval. Within two weeks it received more than 11 million views online, the advertisement will hit television screens in the UK for the first time in April.
Jeremy Hicks said: “I am really excited to be officially presenting the new F-TYPE Coupé in the UK for the first time. This sports car is as important to the Jaguar brand as it is spectacular to drive.
“With the F-TYPE Coupé, our designers and engineers have created the ultimate expression of Jaguar DNA; beautiful design combined with immense dynamic performance. I am sure all our customers will be as excited as our new ambassador José Mourinho at the prospect of driving the new F-TYPE Coupé.”
Gary Lineker and Jose Mourinho
Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé product highlights
- The new F-TYPE Coupé is the most dynamically capable, performance-focused, production Jaguar ever
- The model line-up is headlined by the F-TYPE R Coupé, its 550PS/680Nm 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine enabling acceleration from 0-60mph in 4.0-seconds, and a top speed of 186mph (limited)
- The F-TYPE R Coupé features Jaguar’s second-generation Electronic Active Differential which works in parallel with a new Torque Vectoring by braking system to deliver enhanced agility and exploitable handling at the limit
- F-TYPE Coupé builds on Jaguar’s industry-leading expertise in aluminium delivering torsional rigidity of 33,000 Nm/degree – it is the most torsionally rigid production Jaguar ever
- The all-aluminium F-TYPE Coupé embodies the uncompromised design vision of the award-winning C-X16 concept
- F-TYPE S Coupé and F-TYPE Coupé models complete the range, powered respectively by 380PS and 340PS versions of Jaguar’s 3.0-litre supercharged V6 engine, giving 0-60mph in 4.8/5.1-seconds and top speeds of 171/161mph
- A Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) braking system – featuring 398/380mm discs front/rear – is optional on both F-TYPE R and F-TYPE S Coupé models
- All engines drive the rear wheels through an eight-speed 'Quickshift' transmission with full manual sequential control via steering wheel-mounted paddles or the central SportShift lever
- The F-TYPE Coupé has up to 407-litres* of boot space – easily accommodating two sets of golf clubs – the tailgate being available with power assisted opening
More Photographs of People at the Jaguar F-Type Launch
Mista Jam (Radio 1 DJ) at exclusive F-TYPE Coupé event
Gary Lineker and son George
Example and wife Erin Gleave
Anthony Joshua MBE