Iveco at the Commercial Vehicles Show 2013
Iveco is marking its return to the CV Show with an extensive 864m² stand, packed full of exclusive UK product launches and model upgrades. Highlights include:
1. International Truck of the Year 2013 Iveco has five examples of its International Truck of the Year 2013-winning Stralis tractor units on display at the NEC – billed as the most eagerly awaited Iveco vehicles to be launched for a decade.
The Iveco stand features two Stralis Hi-Way flagship models, for long-haul transport, and one Stralis Hi-Road, for distribution and fleet operations as well as medium to long-haul domestic missions. There are a further two Stralis Hi-Way tractors displayed externally – to highlight Iveco’s increased focus on the UK tractor unit market.
2. Euro VI power Iveco is exhibiting one Euro VI Stralis Hi-Way tractor unit, plus a standalone FPT Industrial Euro VI engine on its stand. Together, they are the only two heavy duty diesel engines at the CV Show which meet stringent Euro VI limits without the use of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR).
By using an engine with high efficiency selective catalytic reduction (HI-eSCR), Iveco says customers will benefit from weight reduction, optimised fuel consumption and increased durability thanks to a less complex, yet highly efficient, technology.
3. UK Trakker launch Iveco’s new on/off-road Trakker range makes its official debut in the UK, with a Trakker Hi-Track 8x4 rigid featuring a low-roof sleeper cab on display. This launch vehicle is finished in Dakar green factory colours, made famous by Petronas Team De Rooy in the last two Dakar Rallies.
4. Specialist low-height Eurocargo The extensive Eurocargo range is represented by a specialist low-height model for multi-drop urban distribution. More than 75mm lower than a standard Eurocargo, this 12-tonner greatly eases access to the cab and body thanks to shallower side-members and 17.5 inch wheels and tyres.
Its payload potential packs a real punch, with the ability to carry more than twice the payload of a traditional 7.5 tonne rigid, thereby lowering CO2 emissions by around half compared with two 7.5 tonners on the same work.
5. New Daily Stop & Start technology arrives in the UK Iveco is exhibiting two 3.5 tonne Daily light commercial vehicles to represent its extensive van and chassis cab range. Together, they are the first two ‘Eco’ models to arrive in the UK, featuring new Stop & Start functionality which shuts off the engine when the vehicle stops with the transmission in neutral and restarts automatically when a gear is selected.
In addition to Stop & Start, they benefit from a new Gear Shift Indicator, enabling the driver to better manage their way of driving. They also utilise the latest lightweight 6-speed transmission, with these functions helping reduce fuel consumption, and consequently CO2 emissions, by up to 10 per cent compared with the previous model.
Iveco, a Fiat Industrial company, designs, manufactures, and markets a broad range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles, off-road trucks, city and intercity buses and coaches as well as special vehicles for applications such as fire fighting, off-road missions, defence and civil protection.
Iveco employs almost 25,000 people and runs in 11 Countries in the world using excellent technologies. Besides Europe, the company operates in China, Russia, Australia and Latin America. Around 5,000 sales and service outlets in over 160 Countries guarantee technical support wherever in the world an Iveco vehicle is at work.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry