iPAD MERCEDES-BENZ C-CLASS COUPÉ BROCHURE APP
- Fully-interactive showroom brochure app with configurator
- Allows customers to mix and match all interior and exterior styling while comparing features between available trim lines
- All brochure and price list content available in a single app
- Ten interactive features including Retailer locator using GPS technology.
- Available to download from 16 February free from iTunes
Mercedes-Benz UK has unveiled its first iPad Brochure App – an innovative, interactive experience that compliments traditional paper brochures with a more engaging way to experience the C-Class Coupé.
This new approach to customer engagement enables customers and prospects to experience more of the C-Class Coupé design, performance and technology. With all the information of the brochure and the price list combined, the app carries a wealth of content. But that is not all: the interactive section makes use of the iPad’s capabilities and informs as much as it entertains.
David George, Marketing Director Mercedes-Benz Cars said: “We live in a culture that’s almost always on-line, and is used to rich media experiences, and our new iPad Brochure app really brings the C-Class Coupé to life.
“Rather than having to wait for a brochure to be delivered, or read a pdf of a paper product, the new app is instant, and it shows the vehicles’ features and functions in attention-grabbing ways.”
The model lines section shows off the new car in all its glory and, at the same time, allows the reader to compare all engine and trim combinations; from the Sport to the C 63 AMG. Using the slider function the reader can compare every detail of two selected cars at three different angles. The app also contains a gallery of images and a driving video for each variant, allowing the customer to be completely satisfied with their choice of styling options before committing to buy.
The configurator is a great way to display the exterior and interior choices that are available. Configuring the C-Class Coupé together with a customer offers showroom staff a great opportunity to stay in touch with a prospective customer. Optional data capture enables the sales teams to send an email to their customers with their personally configured C-Class Coupé, as well as new car offers for 2012.
Explaining features such as the Intelligent Light System is extremely simple, thanks to this app. Even the different lighting modes are easily explained with a real life video and illustrations pointing out the difference between Intelligent Light System (ILS) and regular lights.
The interactive part of the app is split into three sections: Design, Performance and Technology
Each section has three or four topics to explore:
- Design features the information on the Panoramic sunroof, the ability to compare Model lines, and the interactive Configurator.
- The Performance section allows customers and prospects to explore the engine options available on the C-Class Coupé, as well as information on systems such as Dynamic Handling Package. This section also features an in depth look at BlueEFFICIENCY – efficiency technology that’s standard on every car.
- Technology looks at in-car Multimedia, and state of the art safety features, including Driving Assistance Package, and a demonstration of the Intelligent Light System.
The Read more section in the app holds all the information of the brochure. From anywhere in the app the user can go to ‘Read more’, offering in-depth information on any of the related section topics. There is also a search function which allows the customer to search for any topic.
The section ‘Contact and pricing’ holds all the pricing information and technical tables, as well as standard and optional specification tables.
To make it easy for customers to find the nearest Retailer, there is a built in Retailer locator. The customer can either use GPS to determine closest retailer to current location or use a typed in address.