Infiniti QX80 – First Class Luxury Every Day
The Eastern Cape town of George on the South African coast line along the Garden Route is abuzz with the national media launch for the arrival of the Infiniti QX80 in South Africa.
This new luxury offer competing in the top-end of the market against Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi and various others, will offer customers in the large luxury SUV segment a new alternative.
The new QX80 is a full-size luxury SUV with a distinctive exterior design, luxuriously crafted interior trim, and high levels of standard safety and technology, representing the most premium SUV ever offered by the brand.
- Breath-taking Presence with distinctive Infiniti styling
- World Class Travel Experience with class leading legroom
- In Control Experience with Hydraulic Body Motion Control (HBMC) and extensive safety features
- Large Luxury 8-seater SUV for the South African Market
The Infiniti QX80 offers a unique combination of inspired design and performance that makes it stand out in the luxury performance SUV class. The QX80’s roominess matched with luxury style makes it capable of transporting up to eight adults and their belongings with spacious elegance.
The Infiniti QX80 exterior is designed to attract and hold viewers’ attention, conveying its underlying sense of power and strength. The bold, front grille is flanked by automatic on/off LED High/Low Beam headlights with windshield wiper interlock, LED fog lights and LED turn signals.
The High Beam Assist headlight function utilizes a forward camera to read oncoming or upcoming traffic and automatically dips the high beams to the low beam setting. The high beam setting is restored when the traffic is clear.
Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights and headlight washers is standard. Other exterior features include LED taillights, heated, power-folding side view mirrors with integrated LED turn signals, courtesy lights and reverse tilt-down feature, body color running boards, body color integrated front and rear splashguards built into the wheel arches, roof rails, power sliding tinted glass moon roof, a power rear lift gate and flush surface front and rear sonar sensors. A front underbody spoiler, functional rear lift gate spoiler and uniquely designed side mirrors help provide aerodynamics of 0.36 Cd and zero lift.
The proven 5.6-liter V8 engine combines the responsive acceleration of Infiniti’s VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) technology with the efficiency of Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG) to produce 298kW of power and 560 Nm of torque. A smooth 7- speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and manual shift mode with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM) is standard. Fuel economy is rated at 20.9 l/100km in urban, 11.3 l/100km extra-urban and 14.8 l/100km combined consumption. *1
The Infiniti QX80 incorporates a high-stiffness frame structure that enhances ride comfort while reducing noise, vibration and harshness. The QX80 incorporated Infiniti’s proven All-Mode® AWD system with Auto, 4H and 4L modes available, along with hill decent control, lockable rear differential and a choice of 4 different on road and off road settings.
The QX80’s suspension is an independent double-wishbone design front and rear, with Dual-Flow Pattwin tube shock absorbers and an automatic rear leveling system that seeks to maintain uniform ground clearance and departure angle, even when towing or carrying cargo, by automatically adjusting the air pressure in the system's air bladders.
In addition, the advanced Hydraulic Body Motion Control (HBMC) system helps to reduce body lean in turns, resulting in improved ride comfort for passengers in all three rows. Suspension travel is automatically controlled by hydraulic chambers integrated into each shock absorber.
Braking is provided by 4-wheel disc brakes (13.8-inch ventilated discs front and rear) with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and 2-wheel or 4-wheel Active Brake Limited-Slip (ABLS) are all part of the standard kit, along with engine-speed- sensitive power steering.
The wheels are 14-spoke 22-inch forged aluminum-alloy which provide a ground clearance of 233mm.
The QX80’s world-class inner sanctum offers a comfortable space and personal controls for every occupant.
The driver’s seat is 10-way power adjustable, including 2-way power lumbar support. It features a standard dual occupant memory system for the driver’s seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors. The front passenger’s seat is 8-way power adjustable, including 2-way power lumbar support. Climate-controlled (heating and cooling functions) front seats are standard with heated outboard 2nd row seats.
The 2nd row has a 3-passenger bench seat while the 3rd row seat boasts a 60/40-split folding.
The QX80’s long list of standard comfort and convenience features includes nine cup holders and four door-pocket bottle holders, Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control, Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges and Infiniti signature analog clock, Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster® air purifier, Grape Polyphenol filter and auto recirculation.
Among the QX80’s premium entertainment and technology features are an 8-inch WVGA color touch-screen display, Infiniti Controller for use with vehicle information systems and comfort and convenience features, and the 30GB Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with a 10GB Music Box. Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System is also standard.
The QX80’s Around View® Monitor with Front and Rear Sonar System includes the Moving Object Detection (MOD) system. Around View® Monitor utilizes four small super wide-angle cameras – mounted on the front, side and rear of the QX80 – to provide a virtual 360° view of objects around the vehicle, helping to maneuver it in tight spots. The MOD function helps enhance the driver’s situational awareness by providing visual and audible warnings (front or back range object detection) if the system detects large moving objects within the displayed image in situations such as when pulling out of a parking space.
The Bose® Cabin Surround® 15-speaker Premium Audio System includes two subwoofers and rear headliner-mounted 3rd row speakers that help ensure that sound quality is not compromised by obstructions such as luggage or cargo.
Other standard equipment includes a single in-dash CD/DVD player with MP3 playback, USB connection port for use with iPod® Interface or other compatible devices and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®.
The dual 7-inch color monitors mounted on the rear of the front headrests, two pairs of wireless headphones, wireless remote control, auxiliary input jacks and 120V power outlet are all standard on the QX80. The system allows playback of games or movies in the rear, while front occupants listen to audio all at the same time. The two 7-inch color monitors include an auto-bright system that adjusts for daytime, clouds/evening and night/tunnel lighting.
An extensive suite of advance technology systems is standard with the QX80, ranging from Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Emergency Braking, PredictiveForward Collision Warning (PFCW), Backup Collision Intervention (BCI), Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range), Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Distance Control Assist (DCA) and steering wheel switches for the Safety Shield technologies.
Also included is Blind Spot Intervention® (BSI), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP), Front Pre-Crash Seatbelts, Hydraulic Body Motion Control system, Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights and headlight washers.
The Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW) system warns the driver of risks that lie beyond the driver's forward field of vision. It not only can sense the relative velocity and distance of a vehicle directly ahead, but also of a vehicle travelling in front of the preceding one.
The QX80’s drivetrain is rugged enough to handle tasks such as towing boats or trailers (3,500-kilogram towing capacity, when properly equipped), while being equally at home transporting friends and family for a night on the town.
Standard Specifications Summary:
- Distinctive front end appearance with Infiniti signature grille
- Infiniti signature automatic on/off LED high/low beam headlights with windshield wiper interlock
- Advanced High Beam Assist
- LED fog lights and turn signals
- LED taillights and headlight washers
- Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
- Power folding, auto-dimming, heated outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals, courtesy lights and reverse tilt-down feature
- Body color running boards with integrated front and rear splash guards built into the wheel arches
- Roof rails
- Power sliding tinted glass moon roof with one-touch open/close, tilt feature and sliding sunshade
- Power rear lift gate
- Front underbody spoiler, rear lift gate spoiler
- 36 Cd and zero lift
- Six available exterior colors: Black Obsidian, Dark Currant, Liquid Platinum, Moonlight White, Hermosa Blue, Graphite Shadow.
Engine and Drivetrain:
- Infiniti All-Mode® AWD
- 6-liter 32-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V8 with VVEL and Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG)
- 298kW of power and 560 Nm of torque
7-speed automatic with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and manual shift mode with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM)
Suspension, Steering, Braking and Wheels:
- Independent double wishbone front and rear suspension with Dual Flow Path® twin tube shock absorbers, stabilizer bars and automatic rear self-leveling system (air)
- Hydraulic Body Motion Control system
- Engine-speed-sensitive power steering
- 4-wheel vented disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- 22 x 8.0-inch, 14-spoke forged aluminum-alloy wheels with 275/50R22 all-season performance tires.
- 8-passenger seating capacity with 60/40-split-folding bench and rear seat.
- 10-way power driver’s seat, including 2-way power lumbar support
- Dual occupant memory system for driver’s seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors
- 8-way power passenger’s seat, including 2-way power lumbar support
- Heated 2nd row seats (outboard only)
- Climate-controlled front seats
- Power 60/40-split fold-flat and reclining 3rd row seat
- Stratford Burl and graphite leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 9 cup holders and 4 door-pocket bottle holders
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto-recirculation, Grape Polyphenol Filter and Plasmacluster® air purifier
- Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges, Infiniti analog clock
- 8-inch WVGA color touch-screen display
- Infiniti Controller for vehicle information systems and comfort & convenience features
- Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System.
- Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
- Around View® Monitor with Front and Rear Sonar System and Moving Object Detection (MOD)
- Bose® 15-speaker Premium Audio System, including two subwoofers and Bose® Cabin Surround® technology.
- Single in-dash CD/DVD player with MP3 playback capability
- USB connection port for use with iPod® Interface and other compatible devices
- Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
- Dual 7-inch color monitors in front headrests, two pairs of wireless headphones, wireless remote control, auxiliary input jacks, 120V power outlet
- Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)
- Distance Control Assist (DCA)
- Backup Collision Intervention (BCI)
Safety and Security:
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Driver and front-passenger front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted side-impact supplemental curtain air bags with rollover sensor for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Zone Body Construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tyre pressure display and Tyre Inflation Indicator
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- Blind Spot Intervention®
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW)
How much does the Infiniti QX80 cost in South Africa?
Recommended Retail Price and Options
QX80 Premium R 1 238 000.00
Metallic Paint R 3 000.00
Infiniti Roadside Assistance*2
In addition to a highly trained team in each of our Infiniti Centres, we ensure you have additional roadside support at any time. A comprehensive roadside assistance team working together with the Infiniti Centres will provide assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week nationwide – another peace of mind offering with every Infiniti. Know more, get more. Visit www.infiniti.co.za
Warranty and Maintenance Plan*2
Relax and enjoy your Infiniti. It’s covered by a comprehensive Warranty that covers the first three years or 100 000 km of ownership – whichever comes first. In addition, included as standard in your Infiniti is a Full Maintenance Plan which covers the first five years of your ownership of your Infiniti or the first 100 000 km – whichever comes first.
*1 Quoted fuel consumption and emission values have been established using the prescribed method of measurement (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe “ECE” Regulation R101 in the current version) as required under current legislation. This data does not pertain to the specific vehicle and does not comprise part of the offer, but is supplied for the purpose of comparison between the various types of vehicles, in accordance with 1999/94/EC. Driving behaviour/conditions and other non-technical factors contribute towards a vehicle’s fuel consumption and CO2 emissions over and above the determined fuel efficiency of a vehicle.
*2 Terms and conditions apply and may be subject to change at any time. More information on the applicable terms and conditions are available on www.infiniti.co.za.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry