IDRIS ELBA AND THE NEW JAGUAR XE – London to Berlin
Golden Globe Award winning actor and renowned car fan Idris Elba aims to prove the Jaguar XE’s acclaimed fuel economy, technology and drivability credentials in a real world test
- Actor, producer, musician, film maker and car fan, Idris Elba is driving the new Jaguar XE from London to Berlin, covering four countries in three days
- Departing from London, Idris will cover 750 miles to deliver the XE to its German launch and DJ at a special launch event in Berlin
- Jaguar is capturing this journey by creating a series of short films, which will be released online from 10th February 2015.
- To follow Idris live on his XE experience, follow @Jaguar on Twitter
- Idris is driving the new Jaguar XE 2.0-litre 163PS four-cylinder diesel, which offers best-in-class 75mpg fuel economy with 99g/km CO2 emissions
- The Jaguar XE benefits from lightweight aluminium construction, exceptional aerodynamics and state-of-the-art technology – it is the most fuel efficient Jaguar ever
(Whitley, Coventry – 26 January 2015) World-renowned actor and aspiring film maker Idris Elba has embarked on an epic 750 mile road trip in the new Jaguar XE, the most fuel efficient Jaguar ever produced.
Driving from London to Berlin in winter conditions, whilst documenting his journey through film, Idris will test the class-leading fuel economy credentials of Jaguar’s new sports saloon, while enjoying innovative in-car technology, cutting-edge driver aids and entertainment systems to help navigate his way across four countries.
Speaking about his XE road trip, Idris Elba commented: “My work takes me around the world, but I rarely have the time or luxury of getting behind the wheel for myself. I wanted to do this trip and record the experience through a series of short films. I have long been a fan of Jaguar’s incredible sporting heritage and have been truly impressed with how the brand has evolved over the past few years. It’s a real privilege to drive the new XE on this road trip across Europe.”
Jaguar Land Rover PR Director Fiona Pargeter said: “As a keen driver with a passion for cars, technology and music, Idris is sure to enjoy his exclusive test of the new Jaguar XE. We look forward to seeing how he achieves an economical drive despite challenging winter conditions.
“The XE is packed with innovative technology and as one of the first people in the world to drive the car; Idris will be sharing his experience of these through a series of short films that fans can view online and on social channels.”
The XE is powered by a range of four-and six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines offering a blend of performance, refinement and efficiency from 99g/km CO2 to 250km/h.
From smartphone apps and Wi-Fi to premium audio systems developed with world-renowned experts Meridian – the new XE offers a suite of technologies designed to keep driver and passenger informed and entertained, making every journey an enjoyable experience.
The short documentary film will be shared in late February, with some teaser footage of the trip available from the 10th February across Jaguar social media channels.