ABOUT THE BOOK The step-by-step guide to building YOUR dream sports car on a budget. The Tiger Avon is a high-quality, high-performance cycle-wing roadster, while the GTA is a sleek new design.
Both models are based on readily available Ford mechanical components with a choice of independent or live axle rear suspension. Engine wise, you can use a straight 4 or V8 of your choice, including Ford Pinto, Ford Zetec, Rover K-Series or even motorcycle units.
If you already have a Tiger Avon, the book will show you how to convert it to a GTA if you fancy a new look.
How to build Tiger Avon or GTA sports cars for road or track by Jim Dudley
ISBN: 9781845844332 UPC: 6-36847-04433-6
- Build a fabulous car on a tight budget!
- Your choice, traditional Tiger Avon or the exciting new GTA!
- Choose whether you want to build the chassis yourself or buy the complete unit
- All body panels are available to buy, or you can create your own body to your design and mould it yourself
- Choose your own power unit: car or motorcycle, 4 cylinder in-line or V8
- Excellent power to rate ratios, even with standard Sierra ‘Pinto’ engines
- Complete building instructions are provided, including mechanical components, bodywork, instruments and electrical systems
- Includes how to convert your existing Tiger Avon to a GTA
ABOUT THE AUTHOR Jim Dudley was born in Bexleyheath Kent 1948. Married to Sue (1969) he has two daughters and a son – Joanne, Laura and Paul. Jim went to technical college from 1966 to 1969 for his ‘papers’ – opened his first small garage in 1970 and, in that same year, also had his first quick laps around Brands Hatch motor racing circuit in his first beloved Lotus Seven.
Through the 70s Jim raced karts and saloon cars with some success.
Jim went on to open a series of crash repair centres and garages with his brother Phil. These garages held stock of Sportscars such as Lotus and Ferrari and looked after many customer’s classic, specialist and race cars: services including restoration and race preparation. However, Jim wanted to take it all a lot further so Tiger Racing Ltd was formed In 1989, the first Tiger being the “Tiger Super Six”™.
To date over 2000 Tigers have been manufactured with daughter Laura overseeing the Tiger parts department and son Paul overseeing the Tiger workshop. Jim still enjoys everything in the “Tiger scene” manages to race one of the fleet Tigers once or twice through each season, and is a keen Golfer.
SPECIFICATION V4433 • Paperback • 25×20.7cm • £29.99 • 168 pages • 250+ colour pictures • ISBN: 978-1-845844-33-2 • UPC: 6-36847-04433-6