HONDA TO UNVEIL SEVEN CONCEPTS AT THE TOKYO MOTOR SHOW 2011
Honda has announced a line-up of concepts at the Tokyo Motor Show, including concept commuter vehicles designed for easy and fun mobility, and a new sports concept, hinting at the design direction of future models.
Car concept models
- Small Sports EV Concept: A next-generation compact EV sports model, fun to drive while achieving excellent environmental performance.
- AC-X: A next generation plug-in hybrid vehicle offering a comfortable and enjoyable driving experience in urban and long-distance motoring. With the choices of an “engine drive mode” for more spirited driving or an “automatic drive mode” for more relaxed driving.
- Micro Commuter Concept: A micro-sized, futuristic, electric city commuter vehicle which will become a highly accessible form of mobility. It also features a HONDA MOTOR COMPO two-wheel EV slotted inside this vehicle.
Motorcycle concept models
- Motor Compo: A compact EV commuter which offers the casual and convenient mobility of a two-wheeler, but also strives to be useful even when it’s not being ridden. This model can be loaded in the MICRO COMMUTER CONCEPT, with the battery that drives this commuter detachable and designed to be used as a power source in everyday life.
- E-Canopy: A quiet and comfortable next-generation commuter developed by installing an EV system on Honda’s unique three-wheeled scooter. This vehicle can be utilised for business use such as a delivery service by adopting a rear trunk which can be built-in.
- RC-E: An EV version of a super sports bike that pursues the joy of riding. A powerful and smooth ride unique to an EV model is achieved with the 250cc-class compact body.
Power Product concept model
- Townwalker: Urban mobility which combines simplicity and nimbleness that enables everyone to enjoy mobility in urban areas. It can easily be loaded in a car by folding away the steering and seat.
Honda will also be showcasing the ‘N Concept’, a new mini-vehicle series that emphasises the use of space, and the first production model in the series, the N BOX. Other production models on display in the car area include the Accord, Insight, Jazz and CR-Z.
In the motorcycle section, a variety of models will be on display, including the recently launched production models such as NC700S, Integra and NC700X, which will be equipped with Honda’s newly-developed global 670cc motorcycle engine. Also on display will be the planned production model of the CRF250L which offers both an ease of use in everyday life and the fun of off-road riding.
As a part of “SMART MOBILITY CITY 2011”, a themed project that Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JAMA) will hold at the motor show venue, Honda will showcase the FCX Clarity advanced fuel cell electric vehicle, EV-neo electric scooter, EV-MONPAL electric cart, as well as the Honda Smart Home System which features several Honda-developed energy production technologies, including a gas engine cogeneration unit and a solar powered system to reduce household and mobility CO2 emissions. The progress Honda has been making in its testing programme of these technologies also will be showcased.
The Tokyo Motor Show will take place at Tokyo Big Sight from Saturday 3 December to Sunday 11 December 2011.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry