Holden Reveals Special Edition Craig Lowndes Commodore
- Holden develops VF tribute model celebrating 20 years of Craig Lowndes in V8 Supercars
- Every car hand-finished and individually numbered at the Holden Enhancement Centre at the Holden vehicle plant in Adelaide
- Customers to receive exclusive, ‘money can’t buy’ experiences
- Pricing and specification to be released next month
In September 1994, a 20-year-old rookie made his first appearance for Holden in a V8 Supercar at Sandown, and just one month later became a household name when he and teammate Brad Jones finished second in Australia’s great race, the Bathurst 1000. That rookie was the one and only Craig Lowndes.
On the eve of Lowndes’ 20th anniversary in V8 Supercars, Holden is commemorating ‘20 years of Craig Lowndes’ with a Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore paying tribute to an Australian motorsport legend.
On sale next month, the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore is based on Holden’s world-beating SS V Redline Commodore and will feature a unique set of specifications. Each car will be hand-finished and individually numbered by trained technicians at the Holden Enhancement Centre, located at Holden’s Adelaide vehicle plant.
Buyers of the Craig Lowndes Special Edition will also be offered a package of exclusive, ‘money can’t buy’ experiences including:
- Framed certificate of authenticity with build plate
- Red Bull Racing private function and tour hosted by Craig Lowndes
- Two General Admission tickets to customers’ local 2015 V8 Supercar race and Red Bull Racing pit tour
- Additional pricing, specification and further details of the Craig Lowndes Special Edition VF Commodore will be released closer to sale.
Craig Lowndes said that after a 20 year career it was a huge honour to have Holden develop this fantastic tribute model.
“I’ve had a lot of success on the racetrack behind the wheel of Commodores and to celebrate that with this special road-going version is a great privilege. I know fans and customers all over the country are going to love it,” said Lowndes.
Holden dealers are now taking pre-orders on this very special edition Commodore.
About Craig Lowndes:
Lowndes was awarded a full-time drive with the factory Holden Racing Team in 1996 and was mentored by Holden legend Peter Brock. Lowndes went on to claim the prestigious Triple Crown in his rookie season: the Australian Touring Car Championship, the Sandown 500 and Bathurst 1000.
Over a brilliant 20 year career, the ever-smiling Lowndes has compiled a list of unsurpassed achievements including:
- Three Australian Touring Car Championships
- Five Bathurst 1000 titles
- A record 97 ATCC/V8 Supercars Championship race wins
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry