Holden set to reveal VFII, the greatest Commodore ever built, this Sunday
- Over 8,000 fans registered to watch the live reveal online
- The car, 37 years in the making, will make its debut at a special custom-built Commodore Gallery at the brand’s headquarters in Port Melbourne
- Holden’s new Chairman and Managing Director, Mark Bernhard, to address the media for the first time to make an important announcement regarding Holden’s future operations.
The countdown has started. Holden will take the covers off the greatest Commodore ever built, the VFII, in a special event at the brand’s headquarters at 10am on Sunday 13 September.
The event will be held in a special, custom-built Commodore Gallery celebrating 37 years of Holden’s iconic car by bringing together more than 30 Commodores, as well as engines, historical footage and trophies.
Donated by car enthusiasts, museums and Holden’s own collection, the gallery will include everything from an original 1978 VB Commodore, to stunning concepts, exports and motorsport heroes, illustrating the history and evolution of Australia’s favourite car.
An online campaign on Holden’s Facebook page inviting fans to be one of the first in Australia to see the exciting new vehicle via a live webcast has seen over 8,000 registrations, highlighting the excitement and expectation surrounding the popular car.
Two lucky Facebook fans have also won the opportunity to attend the live reveal in Melbourne and become Holden’s social media journalists for the day.
Excitement is expected to build even further later tonight as Holden is getting set to release two VFII teaser videos on Facebook and Twitter over the next two days, leading up to the reveal, hinting at what’s to come.
On Sunday Holden’s new Chairman and Managing Director, Mark Bernhard, will address the media in his first public appearance since taking on the role. He will share his vision for the company as well as making an important announcement regarding Holden’s future operations and Melbourne workforce.
Details of the media event are as follows:
- WHO:Mark Bernhard, Holden Chairman and Managing Director
- WHEN: 10:00am (AEST) Sunday 13 September 2015
- WHERE:Plant 4, Holden’s headquarters (enter via Main Gate 2) 191 Salmon Street, Port Melbourne 3207