- Sporty coupé design with long bonnet, low greenhouse, distinctive front end with diamond grille, sporty rear end and frameless doors.
- Suspension lowered by 15 millimetres with 17-inch wheels.
- It is the only vehicle in the segment that is optionally available with AIRMATIC air suspension.
- High level of ride quality as well as sporty dynamic handling characteristics
- Dynamic, individually selectable driving experience with the five DYNAMIC SELECT driving modes Comfort, ECO, Sport, Sport + as well Individual.
- Hallmark coupé interior with high-quality materials and high level of seating and operating comfort with touchpad.
- Head-up display, new display concept with visualisation of the sporty character.
- New interior lighting concept with Light package and ambience lighting.
- Extensive line-up of consumption-optimised 4-cylinder petrol and diesel engines.
- A host of new safety features with state-of-the-art driver assistance systems.
- Highly rigid body shell and outstanding NVH characteristics.
- Infotainment generation with larger display, many online functions and messaging.
- Perfect sound thanks to Frontbass and sound system.
Sportiness meets beauty
As the sportiest incarnation of the C-Class, the Coupé plays to its character focusing on driving enjoyment in an emotionally appealing yet aesthetic design.
The new C-Class Coupé realises the basic idea of a sports car with the profile of a coupé. A sporty striking front end featuring diamond radiator grille and long bonnet – the new Coupé is 60 millimetres longer than its predecessor between the firewall and front axle alone – gives way to a crouched greenhouse the lines of which flow into a bold and powerful-looking rear end. A high, taut beltline reduces the height of the side windows, the profile of which is highlighted by polished aluminium trim along the beltline and the roof contours. In concert with the frameless doors, these elements stretch the vehicle visually and are reminiscent of the lines of the S-Class Coupé. Exterior mirrors mounted to the beltline further emphasise the coupé character while improving forward visibility of the road at the same time.
The silhouette appears elongated, low and taut like a speedster. The dimensions bear out this visual impression. The coupé is 37 millimetres lower than the saloon model.
Clean lines and sensually arranged surfaces structure the side sections into vivid light and shadow effects. As a hallmark Mercedes signature, the characteristic coupé form of the elongated dropping line adds a dynamic highlight. In contrast to the C-Class Saloon, it is more elongated past the rear wheel arch. In tandem with a counter-line rising in the lower part of the vehicle from the front wheel, it creates a formal sense of tension. The counter-line also makes the vehicle appear longer and ultimately transitions the sides into the rear creating a sense of balance.
Compared with the saloon model, the suspension is lowered by 15 millimetres as standard. Consequently, it already sits at the sport level with the standard 17-inch tyres. Light-alloy wheels with diameters of up to 19 inches (48.3 centimetres) are optionally available.
The front end of the Coupé differs from the Saloon model of the C-Class in that it has a sportier, distinctive shape. The sports grille with central Mercedes star is an eye-catcher. Large air intakes in the bumper hint at the air requirements of the performance engines and underscore the sense of width and sportiness of the front end.
The AMG Line is even more expressive. Its diamond grille sports mirrored dots. The AMG Line bumper sports larger air intakes and larger fog lamp recesses as well as a wide chromed front splitter.
Headlamp contours with clean lines round out the face of the new C-Class Coupé. The LED daytime running lights in the torch design of Mercedes-Benz are integrated into the headlamps.
The Coupé comes with H7 halogen headlamps as standard. Two energy-saving LED headlamp variants are optionally available: a static and a dynamic version with “LED Intelligent Light System” and Adaptive Highbeam Assist, which makes driving with permanent high-beam possible by masking out detected road users in the cone of light.
Dynamic rear end
Compared with the saloon model, the C-Class Coupé has a completely newly designed rear end that carries the genes of the S-Class Coupé. A strong taper in the C-pillar forms a powerful shoulder, which is distinctly sculpted and gives the impression of a muscle. Because the number plate is located in the bumper, the designers were able to give the surfaces of the boot lid more definition. This puts the focus more strongly on the Mercedes star centrally placed on the boot lid. It hides a retractable surround view camera that is available as an option.
Slim, redesigned two-section LED tail lights emphasise the vehicle’s width and underscore the sporty design. The characteristic graphics of the lights with four horizontal LED bands provides a recognition factor day and night.
The slim design of the tail lights became feasible because the designers integrated the reflectors in the sportily styled rear bumper. The exhaust system with two visible tailpipes integrated flush into the black lower section of the bumper and connected by chrome trim furthrer underscore the sporty character. Except the C 220 d, C 250 d and C 180 models: They are fitted with a chrome wing. In conjunction with all engine variants, the AMG Line includes two visible pieces of tailpipe trim that are functional on petrol models and non-functional on diesel models.