Ford Warriors in Pink Celebrates Breast Cancer Survivors with ‘Models of Courage’ Campaign
- Ford Warriors in Pink® honors breast cancer survivors who have demonstrated strength and courage in their battle with its “Models of Courage” program – 11 women and men to be featured as role models in 2012 campaign; all proceeds benefit breast cancer charities
- 2012 Ford Warriors in Pink’s collection of apparel and accessories is now available at fordcares.com
- For the past 18 years, Ford has fought the battle against breast cancer 365 days a year, raising more than $115 million
DEARBORN, Mich., May 11, 2012 – Ford Warriors in Pink®, the program created by Ford Motor Company to raise awareness and funds in the fight against breast cancer, is launching a new campaign that highlights the stories of breast cancer survivors with “Models of Courage.” Eleven women and men were selected for the Models of Courage campaign to serve as Ford Warriors in Pink role models and inspire everyone involved in the fight against breast cancer.
In its 18th year of raising awareness of breast cancer, Ford Warriors in Pink created the Models of Courage campaign to celebrate breast cancer survivors who have demonstrated strength and courage in their battle.
“The Ford Warriors in Pink campaign recognizes the strength and courage it takes to deal with the daily challenges of fighting breast cancer,” said Tracy Magee, Ford’s primary brand experiential manager. “We are so thrilled to highlight these inspirational women and men as our Models of Courage. We hope their personal stories and experiences with breast cancer will help raise awareness and serve to inspire those on the front lines battling breast cancer.”
Supporters can learn more about the campaign and each of these individuals on the Ford Warriors in Pink Facebook page, under Models of Courage.
The Models of Courage will also appear nationally as models for the 2012 line of Warriors in Pink wear and gear. The 2012 collection of Ford Warriors in Pink apparel and accessories is created for women, men and children, and features important symbols signifying the message of hope, strength and unity in the fight against breast cancer. The 2012 collection is now available at fordcares.com, with 100 percent of net proceeds going directly to the fight against breast cancer.
This year, Warriors in Pink shoppers will be given the opportunity to choose the breast cancer charity to support with their apparel purchase at checkout. The four organizations highlighted include:
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure® – Komen promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
- Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation (DSLRF) – With over 365,000 grassroots volunteers from around the country,Dr. Susan Love Research Foundationconducts research, funds research, and fast tracks research with the unique mission of moving breast cancer beyond a cure by understanding the causes and ways to prevent it.
- The Pink Fund – Provides financial aid in the form of direct bill payment on behalf of breast cancer patients in active treatment. Many patients are unable to work during treatment. Others lose their jobs. With mounting bills and either no income or severely limited income, they quickly find themselves in dire financial distress. The Pink Fund provides Real Help Now.
- Young Survival Coalition (YSC) – The Young Survival Coalition directly improves the lives of thousands of young women with breast cancer. 1 in 8 women diagnosed with breast cancer are younger than 45 years old. YSC provides free resources and programs to support, educate and empower these women.
Ford Warriors in Pink is giving breast cancer supporters the chance to win a new 2013 Warriors in Pink Ford Escape. The all-new Escape – the most fuel-efficient small SUV – is the smarter way to get there, with two available, powerful yet efficient EcoBoost® engines, eco-friendly interior, hands-free technology and custom Warriors in Pink styling featuring the campaign’s inspirational symbols. Supporters can enter the contest online.
The Ford commitment runs well beyond raising funds. The company is dedicated to making a difference 365 days a year by encouraging women to become informed and visit their doctors, educating them that early detection saves lives. 2012 marks Ford Motor Company’s 18th year of support, dedicating more than $115 million to the cause to date.
3D Car Shows on Google+