Ford South Africa wins Standard Bank People Wheels Awards 2014
Ford is the choice for People’s Wheels in South Africa!
- Double-cab Ford Ranger voted overall winner in the 2015 People’s Wheels Awards
- EcoSport joins it on the winners’ rostrum as winner in the Small SUVs and Crossovers category
- More than 60 000 online votes cast to determine winners
PRETORIA, South Africa, 13 November 2014 – Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa (FMCSA) has driven away with the top honour at the 2015 Standard Bank People’s Wheels Awards announced recently at Montecasino in Johannesburg.
The Double-Cab Ranger won in the Double-Cab Bakkie category and also took home the overall prize in the 2015 edition of the online poll. Ranger’s popularity can also be seen in this year’s total sales figures which have grown 38% year-to-date, as of October.
“We’re ecstatic with this award which shows that South Africans continue to recognise and buy Ranger,” said Mark Kaufman, Vice President, Marketing, Sales and Service, FMCSA. “It’s testament to our production at the Silverton Assembly Plant and the sheer quality of this product.”
Ford’s EcoSport was also chosen as the winner in the Small SUVs and Crossovers category. EcoSport champions the smart 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine which itself is no stranger to winning; this innovative engine has won the International Engine of the Year award an unprecedented three times from 2012 to 2014.
Other Ford models were also recognised by the voting public, with nominations for:
- Figo (Budget Buys)
- Fiesta (Compact Commuters)
- Focus (Compact Executive Cars)
- Fiesta ST (Hot Hatches/Sedans/Coupés)
- Focus ST (Hot Hatches/Sedans/Coupés)
- Kuga (Compact SUVs and Crossovers)
- Transit Custom (Light Delivery Vehicles), and
- Ranger (in both Single- and Double-Cab Bakkie categories)
The People’s Wheels Awards was initiated by the Future Group in association with Standard Bank, TNS South Africa and Sunday Times. South Africans were encouraged to vote over a three-month period for their favourite cars and more than 60 000 online votes were registered for the 22 categories between June and August.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry