Ford F-150 Named Official Vehicle of 2015 International CES
- All-new 2015 Ford F-150 – the toughest, smartest and most capable F-150 ever – will be the Official Vehicle of the 2015 International CES in Las Vegas
- All-new F-150 is available with more smart features than the previous model including class-exclusive driver-assist technologies such as adaptive cruise control, smart towing module, multicontour seats, active park assist and 360-degree camera system
- 2015 F-150 also offers Ford’s Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with cross-traffic alert – a driver-assist feature that helps detect vehicles in blind spots during normal driving, as well as traffic approaching from the sides when reversing out of parking spots
The all-new Ford F-150 pickup – the toughest, smartest and most capable F-150 ever – will be the Official Vehicle of the 2015 International CES.
CES, which will take place Jan. 6-9, 2015 in Las Vegas, is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association and is the world’s largest hands-on showcase of emerging innovation.
The all-new F-150 demonstrates Ford’s product excellence and innovation. The truck is completely redesigned, with a high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body coupled with a high-strength steel frame, making it nearly 700 pounds lighter and more efficient. Also available are more smart features than the previous model, including class-exclusive driver-assist technologies such as adaptive cruise control, smart towing module, multicontour seats, active park assist, 360-degree camera and Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert.
“We are honored the 2015 F-150 is the Official Vehicle of CES, proving that the new standard in full-size pickups is not only Built Ford Tough but also smart, with innovative design and technologies that help truck customers do more with their truck,” said Doug Scott, Ford Truck Group marketing manager.
As Official Vehicle of 2015 CES, F-150 will be featured in Ford’s main display area in the North Hall of Las Vegas Convention Center, as well as prominently throughout the show floor.
“We are excited to have the new F-150 as the Official Vehicle of the 2015 CES,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, Consumer Electronics Association. “With state-of-the-art technologies, driver-assist features and dramatic improvements in weight savings, the F-150 delivers the type of connectivity, efficiency and performance tech-savvy consumers demand in their vehicles. We look forward to seeing Ford once again at our show.”
F-150 features several innovative and smart technologies, including:
· Class-exclusive active park assist: Active park assist uses two ultrasonic sensors and electric power-assisted steering to help drivers parallel park. The sensors measure the gap between two vehicles to determine if there is enough room for the F-150. After confirming the vehicle can fit, the truck automatically steers into the space, while the driver operates the accelerator and brake pedals
· Class-exclusive adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support: Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support uses radar in the front of the truck to measure the distance and speed of vehicles ahead. Using this information, F-150 can automatically slow to keep a consistent following distance set by the driver. The slower speed will be maintained if adaptive cruise control is activated. Collision warning triggers visual and audio alerts if the system detects the following distance is diminishing too quickly and a collision may occur. It also pre-charges the brakes if the driver needs to stop suddenly
· Class-exclusive smart trailer tow module with Dynamic Hitch Assist: The smart trailer tow module shows the driver which lights on a trailer connected to the truck aren’t working, so the driver or a passenger doesn’t have to exit the vehicle and walk around the trailer to discover lights are blown. Dynamic Hitch Assist is a new rearview camera feature that adds a dynamic line based on steering wheel angle in the display to help customers line up truck and trailer without requiring a spotter or having to exit the vehicle
· Class-exclusive 360-degree camera with split-view display: Available 360-degree camera with split-view display uses four exterior cameras to give the driver a bird’s-eye view of up to seven feet surrounding the F-150 to assist in parking, maneuvering in tight spots and navigating narrow roads and trails at low speeds
· High-wattage outlets: 400-watt, 110-volt outlets in the cab allow drivers to easily charge corded tools, battery chargers or mobile devices on-site or while in transit
· LED spotlights: LED spotlights on sideview mirrors provide powerful, durable and bright lighting around the truck exterior
· Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert: Available BLIS® uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver. The sensors trigger a warning light in the sideview mirrors to indicate another vehicle is in a blind spot if the driver is attempting to change lanes. These same sensors can detect a vehicle coming down an aisle when the driver is slowly backing out of a parking space
· Lane-keeping system: Available lane-keeping is designed to help prevent a driver from drifting outside of the intended driving lane. The system automatically detects the left- or right-hand road lane markings using a camera mounted between the windshield and interior rearview mirror. A vibration in the steering wheel is used to alert the driver. The system can also provide steering torque to help guide the vehicle back into the lane if needed
· Lighter yet more capable: Regardless of model configuration or engine choice, every truck customer benefits from up to 700 pounds of weight savings with the 2015 F-150; F-150 can tow up to 1,100 more pounds, haul up to 530 more pounds, and brings the highest EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of any full-size gasoline pickup on the market. When equipped with the available 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine, the new F-150 4x2 has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 19 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined. Actual mileage may vary
“We’re always looking to deliver more for our customers, and this truck offers a whole new level of productivity by being the toughest, smartest and most capable F-150 ever,” said Scott.