FORD EXTENDS 20 YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
- Ford extends sponsorship of UEFA Champions League until June 2015
- With supreme passion, performance, quality and technical ability, the UEFA Champions League is the perfect fit with Ford vehicles
- Ford has been Official Partner and Official Vehicle Supplier to UEFA Champions League for 20 consecutive years making it the longest standing UEFA sponsor
COLOGNE, Germany, Dec. 8, 2011– Ford’s announced today it is extending its long-standing sponsorship of Europe’s most popular and prestigious club football competition -- the UEFA Champions League -- through June 2015.
“Our new three-year agreement shows how strongly we feel about this partnership,” said Stephen Odell, chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe. “For a global company like ours, the UEFA Champions League is an ideal platform to connect with millions of people around common values. It is about the best-of-the-best on the ultimate stage, and that's why Ford wants to be part of it.”
Added David Taylor, CEO UEFA Events: “We are delighted that Ford has chosen to extend their agreement with UEFA and the UEFA Champions League for another three years. Ford has been a valuable partner of ours since the inception of the competition back in 1992. This renewal in our partnership further strengthens the close relationship we have.
“The UEFA Champions League continues to go from strength to strength and we are confident that it will carry on providing Ford with excellent opportunities to connect and engage with fans on a global basis.”
The UEFA Champions League is one of the most popular sports competitions in the world. More than one billion television viewers tuned in last season, with a cumulative audience of more than four billion, more than half of which were outside of Europe.
“This may be a European competition, but like Ford’s latest global vehicles, it is shared and enjoyed throughout the world. Great football, like a great car, is universal in its appeal and this partnership generates world-wide exposure,” said Roelant de Waard, vice-president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. “This is the reason why the UEFA Champions League played such big role in the launch of the new Ford Focus earlier this year.”
The UEFA Champions League was indeed instrumental in revealing the new Ford Focus to a global audience through television break bumpers, stadium perimeter boards and online channels. Activities around the competition, such as the FocusCam attraction at the UEFA Champions League Festival, allowed visitors to the Ford stand to be captured in a 180 degree ‘Matrix’ style animation using a bank of 40 cameras.
Participants could then share their video with friends online using the Focus Wi-Fi hotspot, uploading to the sites like Facebook or YouTube. The 77,630 subsequent views online of these films further demonstrated how Ford and UEFA work together in front of huge audiences to bring new Ford technologies to life.
Ford’s use of social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to communicate more directly with consumers will be further enhanced by the new sponsorship deal. And for all of those customers who engage with Ford on these social media platforms, there will be more chances than ever for them to interact with the Company and its continuing partnership with the UEFA Champions League.
To celebrate the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final being held in Munich, Ford in Germany will play a major role in the support of this event. This will include the launch of “Champions” special value models, as well as the provision of 200 vehicles featuring the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final livery to support transport logistics at the Final, all of which will be promoted through social media.
- The 2010-11 competition attracted more than 500 million television viewers in Europe, 230 million in the Americas, 190 million in Africa and over 130 million in Asia
- Global coverage of UEFA Champions League last season reached almost 100,000 hours
- 178.7 million viewers watched the 2011 UEFA Champions League Final making it the highest ever TV audience for a UEFA Champions League Final and the highest global TV audience for a sporting event in 2011
- Ford provides over 900 vehicles such as the Ford Galaxy and Ford Transit every season to help transport logistics for UEFA Champions League games
- Ford’s sponsorship demonstrated significant increases in favorable opinion and consideration amongst UCL viewers in 2011 compared to non-viewers
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry