Fiat and Alfa strong contenders in the 2010 WOW Womens Car of the Year Awards
The Italian brands are nominated in three of the seven categories
Fiat and Alfa Romeo are proud to be nominated as finalists in three of the seven categories in this year's WOW Women's Car of the Year Awards organised by Associated Magazines in association with Nedbank Motor Finance. All finalists are reviewed in the latest issue of WOW (Women on Wheels), which is bagged with the July issues of Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, House and Leisure and O - The Oprah Magazine.
Oscar Rivoli, Managing Director of Fiat Group Automobiles highlights the importance of these nominations: "Style, safety, practicality, affordability and environmental-awareness are the cornerstones of our brands – they're also attributes that especially appeal to the fairer sex, so the fact that we have made it to the finals in so many categories is very gratifying indeed."
The Fiat Panda features in the best hatchback category, the Alfa Romeo MiTo is nominated in the sports car section and the inimitable Fiat 500 Cabriolet heads up the finalists in the convertible category. Here are the reasons why we feel our cars are already winners:
- Fiat Panda (Best Hatchback)
- It was European Car of the Year
- Europe's best-selling A-segment hatch
- Fuel economy is incredible – averages just 5,6 L in the combined cycle
- Dual airbags, ABS and EBD
- No-one does pink better
- Alfa MiTo (Best Sports Car)
- Those looks
- That interior
- The performance – turbocharged ultra-green MultiAir engine catapults you from 0 to 100km/h in under 8 seconds and onto a top speed of 219 km/h for the Quadrofoglio Verde version
- Every conceivable passive and active safety feature from seven airbags to stability control and Q2 limited slip differential – 5-Star EuroNCAP rating
- DNA system allows you to drive how you would like – moderately sporty, sporty and super-sporty
- Damn good value – prices start from just R227 900
- Fiat 500 Cabriolet (Best Convertible)
- The 500 was another European Car of the Year
- 5-Star EuroNCAP rating (all the safety bells and whistles including 7 airbags and stability control as standard)
- A retro interior to die for – customisable to the hilt
- Wickedly cute
- A drop top for under R200 000!
About the WOW Awards
This is the fourth instalment of the Women's Car of the Year Awards and "every year it gets bigger and better," – so says Charleen Clarke, consulting editor for WOW and convener of the WOW Women's Car of the Year judging panel. The WOW Women's Car of the Year Awards is the only car awards in South Africa designed and run by women, for women. The judging panel for this year's awards is again headed by the president of the SA Guild of Motoring Journalists, Charleen Clarke. She is joined by SA Car of the Year jury member Heléne Griffiths, award-winning motoring journalist Peta Lee, Mabuyane Kekana from the Sowetan, Lindsay Vine from DStv's Ignition and Janine-Lee Gordon from City Press.
This year there are seven categories, each with its own finalists chosen according to their ability to fit the lifestyle of women. There are 10 finalists in all categories, apart from the SUVs & MPVs category, in which there are 21 finalists. The judges will also present a special award for the Best Value for Money Car of the Year.
This year readers can vote for their favourite cars in seven categories via the WOW website (
) or by sending an SMS. The winning cars in each of the categories will be decided by the panel of judges and the combined reader vote. The readers' vote closes on 31 July 2010, and one lucky voter stands the chance to win a Vespa S scooter and accessories valued at R70 000.
3D Car Shows on Google+
The 3D Car Shows site, spesialize in Automotive News. On the 3D Car Shows site you will find information about the Automotive Industry, Cars, Trucks, Vehicles and Motorcycles.
Here at 3D Car Shows we are committed to bringing you quality daily and relevant information about the Automotive Industry